FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ideas Please

4 posters

Go down

New Ideas Please Empty New Ideas Please

Post by obituary Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm

The FUNBOY (BEGINNER) server is losing popularity. I think people are getting bored and not coming back. The bad lag we had a couple weeks ago cost a lot of players, and once people leave they tend to not come back. They try out different servers and get a new clan menu on their screen and forget about us. The lag has diminished a lot but we have not regained our player base.

I was on yesterday morning for a few minutes and there were only 3 players. We have been hovering from 4-8 players the last week, with boosts up to 14 players right after school (US time) when all the young players get home and play. A lot of players are outside enjoying the cooler weather, or they are back in school now.

We were doing better a couple months ago, when we had the crazy panzers you could hold down and spam, but we were only retaining the worst players. We had 16+ players every day, but it was no fun just getting sprayed with automatic panzers. It worked for a while but then the good players started leaving, and the panzer gimmick became a problem in itself.

We are kind of stuck with a situation that is fun, but gets boring easily, so we need new players to replace all the ones who leave. We are like a business model in reverse - we pay and work to keep people entertained for free.

You admins work hard to watch the players and train new admins, and then we have fewer players as we get more admins. I have seen players leave when Friedrich and I came on the server - players don't want to get slaughtered so they just leave when they see FBY tags. Taking your tags off is OK here, we don't worry about your name. Everything is tracked by your etkey anyway, not your name.

So if anyone has ideas for a rebuild or weapon change let me know. I can edit weapons or change maps or even change mods or the name of the server.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

New Ideas Please Empty Re: New Ideas Please

Post by Friedrich Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Weapons seem fine and fun to me but the only way I know to keep a server fresh is to have lots of maps and change them often. On =PoW= Extreme (old extinct server, but they stayed on top for a long while) they changed maps weekly all different maps. They also had some custom maps they made themselves. This is probably a problem for you tard cause of the bots and time involved. This was pre-bot ET server. They also changed mods from shrub to pro to NQ. I think it was running NQ when the guy running it said F-it and closed forum and servers.

Also, it is just my opinion but, you have the weapons right for a fun server and changing too much can frustrate players. The Extreme server lost popularity when they started limiting weapons, classes, etc. to regulate the "panzer noobs". Admittedly that server was a different animal with friendly fire and up to 60 real people playing almost always at least 30 GOOD players on at any time day or night when it was on top of the heap. Talk about carnage that was why it was called extreme. It was a HARD server.

But Beginner is just as extreme but in a different way. If there was a way we could let people know the server exists I think the people would come but the only way I know to do that is to partner with other clans and we play there some they play here some. The problem is that both clans want the people at their servers lol. It would be great to find clans that no longer have servers but still play. A few of the =PoW= people still play but they are probably too old school to play at our fun server.

Like I said I think that people just do not know about the server. I know myself that because I like a target rich environment, after the Extreme server went away, I would just choose the server with the most people playing and join, the mod made no difference in my decision at all just the number of players. As I recall, I tried FUNBOY(Beginner) because I had not played in over 2 years and got my ass handed to me when I tried to play on a bigboy server lmao. Original plan was to get back in the swing and go back to playing with the best players I could find, but I stuck around cause I was having fun. Also, some of our regular players have gotten much better and it is fun watching people improve their game. You can actually see that guys have paid attention to what you do and see them picking the sweet spots and tactics that you have used when playing them.

Hey maybe we should call our server "extreme" and see if people come. Very Happy
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 am

Yep because it aint anymore a beginner server i think Smile
I know that my old e.t server where i played and was in clan was ea-clan(evil angels)
but it also was closed and then i left e.t also and then some time later that whay not play again and then i found funboy Very Happy
I was a total noob when i started playing again but now im better again but i can see if i can found my oled clan and see if any old players are still there activ:)
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:43 am

it would be awesome if you super powered snipers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy or make them and instant kill for head shots like on the Fl server
Bane
Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:42 am

Bane wrote:it would be awesome if you super powered snipers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy or make them and instant kill for head shots like on the Fl server

@Bane - I haven't done much with the sniper rifles actually. Problem is the recoil gets bad with high rate of fire. No-recoil is considered a cheat, so I have not messed with recoil. I think I gave them extra ammo already, damage could always be increased too.

Maybe we could have a sniper map, once per mapcycle.

Maybe Minas with the Jaymod sniperwar setting on? That would be easy to do.

@Friedrich - We are lucky to have FL members here all the time and have a friendly relationship with them. And some of us play on their servers too. If we have more friends like that we will be fine. But most clans just cause a variety of problems. Some try to steal your players, or stack your server, or install their special clan menu so you can't find other servers. Better to retain our new players than deal with other clans.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 am

more damage and a sniper map would be awesome or minas with sniperwaron but defiantly more damage
Bane
Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 pm

@Freidrich - FUNBOY (EXTREME) might be a good idea actually. Here's a whole 'nother direction we could go (again I'm just throwing out random ideas):

-rename the 40 slot to FUNBOY (EXTREME).

-run Silent on it, but modify it to look like Jaymod right now (fast panzers and endless ammo, double damage, etc etc). I can probably do all this with a few lua modules and enhanced mod, without having to modify the game engine or create modified client pk3s. I've been thinking about how to modify it without causing trouble, and lua modules are probably the best way. Completely different than how I did Jaymod.

-run something else on FUNBOY (HARDCORE), and rename it too. Maybe call it FUNBOY (NQ CLASSIC) and run the old No Quarter 1.1.1 on it. The old one they tried to get rid of that you can modify everything. Or, here's another idea - call it FUNBOY (PANZERWAR) and run the modified Jaymod that we have on the big server right now. Problem is the score bug of course, but at least we can keep the XP and all the work I put into that server alive somewhere. And it's not wasting slots since Jaymod runs fine at 16 players lol.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

yeah that would be awesome especially if you do one shot kill for snipers cheers
Bane
Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. I will play whatever just don't bring back the chain panzers the are a bit much lol, but I will play that too if needed. Alot of targets is alot of fun in my opinion. Don't think we need weapons to be more powerful though, I think they are fine now.Smile
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down