moonshine and bikers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

moonshine and bikers

Post by manic1965 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 pm

ok i have to ask, how many of you guys/gals out there ride motorcycles and drink moonshine. now dont freak moonshine is legal in all 50 states bounce bounce as long as you dont sell it.
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Re: moonshine and bikers

Post by LoneStar on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 am

Closest I ever got to moonshine was Everclear in the Jungle Juice or the nasty "Trash Can punch".
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 am

I don't know what moonshine is, but if it's a home made alcohol, than we have something here called "bimber" (pronounce: "beam-bear") Smile
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 am

butterfly.moonshine is homemade whiskey,a clear liquor . back in the early 1900's it was a major problem because it was being sold illegaly.now adays you can make home brew as long as you dont sell it.this week is the first i have ever made a still and my own mash. in about 2 weeks i will be able to taste it..
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:24 pm

My dad was a biker in the 70s. He wasn't into moonshine but he did a lot of other stuff. I don't miss the lifestyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I love the lifestyle,actually its all i really know,my dad was a biker so i grew up around it,yes it can be tuff sometimes but the rewards are far greater. i know i cant rely on my biker brothers and sisters more than my own blood relatives. there isnt nothing like riding down the road and enjoying life,its also cheaper
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:11 pm

This is my uncle's Harley:

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

what am i doing wrong,tried to upload a pic of my biker and it wont work
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:04 pm

use tinypic.com then upload the link they give you

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 am

I've dealt with enough innocent motorcycle-rider victims to not want to ride. In most cases it's not their fault, but some other dickhead out on the road. but since they are not protected like they would be in a car, they often die..

I've seen, treated and wrapped more victims than you can find on any gore-website.
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 am

Qbe wrote:I've dealt with enough innocent motorcycle-rider victims to not want to ride. In most cases it's not their fault, but some other dickhead out on the road. but since they are not protected like they would be in a car, they often die..

I've seen, treated and wrapped more victims than you can find on any gore-website.
Yes they are death machines. Add drugs and alcohol and no helmet and guess what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 pm

When my brother told our dad that he wanted to get a motorcycle (he was 14 at the time) my dad said, "I'll tell you what.  Go get a rope and let me tie you to the bumper of my truck and drag you behind it down the road.  If you like that, you'll love a motorcycle."
Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 am

I remember one guy I treated in the E.R. Trauma section. He had tried to outrun the cops on his motorcycle, ended up crashing, his helmet flew off and he dragged about 300 feet across the blacktop - feet first and FACE DOWN!!!  He seriously looked like someone had taken a sander to his face - his nose was completely "sanded" off, along with his chin, cheekbones etc.. he looked absolutely horrible. The cops had him under arrest, so he was shackled to the gurney and because his blood pressure was so low, I couldn't give him any pain meds.. I don't remember anyone else screaming so much in utter agony.. 2 hours later he died from a massive stroke.
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 am

Sounds truly awful and impossible to forget. His passing was a mercy. He would have been totally miserable if he had lived to look like that. It also seems it was a self inflicted injury caused by a foolish decision. I see kids on rocket bikes doing insane nonsense in traffic all the time and don't consider them sane or sensible. Real motorbike riders don't tend to be fools and are just regular folks who love to ride. I am in that group.
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:58 am

I wouldn't drink moonshine unless I knew how it was made.  Some of the cops in my old national guard unit would bring in confiscated moonshine that they knew was made properly.  That's the only moonshine I've ever had.
Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 pm

There are a lot of hillbillies in Missouri who make moonshine and other stuff. I think Missouri leads the US in meth lab arrests. Not something to brag about but you get the idea.

One thing people do here is use food stamps to make juicy juice wine. They get food stamps from the government so they can buy food, but they can't buy alcohol with the food stamps. So they buy these gallon-sized (3.7 liters) glass jugs of juicy juice (which is like Kool-Aid but more sugar lol). They buy a packet of baker's yeast and put it in the jug. Then they put a balloon over the jug opening.

When the balloon fills up with carbon dioxide they know it is done. If anyone comes over who would care (family members, social workers, landlord, whoever) they take the balloon off the top and put the cap on so it just looks like a bottle of juice for the kids.

I don't know if anyone has accidentally served it to their kids...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Juicy Juice wine!  That's a new one on me.  I wonder if they drink it from sippy cups.  The cops never check those.
Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:27 am

Yes... but never both in close proximity to each other... it is either one or the other
Sneaky Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by BAMA on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 am

Older topic, but i'm a biker and love some good shine. Used to make my own before a cop moved near me. My favorite has to peach cobbler. Dang just typing this makes me want to get the burners cranked back up. When i figure out how to load pics, i will.
BAMA
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by KONYASPOR on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 am

obituary wrote:This is my uncle's Harley:

this is very nice cheers  cheers  cheers  I love motorcycles
KONYASPOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content