FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best software for a gamer ?

3 posters

Go down

Best software for a gamer ? Empty Best software for a gamer ?

Post by The-Dwarf Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 am

I wanna know what are the programs, or software (free or paid), a gamer should ABSOLUTLY install on his computer ?

For my-self, I think that all gamer should install CCleaner, to clean his pc. I also think that Steam is important, and Glary Utilities. (The only thing I dunno like about Glary U. is that this software destroy restautation points) But, to maximise the performances of our pc, this software is a must have.

Your turn now Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Best software for a gamer ? Empty Re: Best software for a gamer ?

Post by obituary Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 am

Depends what game you want to play.

You can run Steam and ET from linux or windows now so that changes everything.

For me I install the bare minimum on my operating system, just graphics drivers and my games, and then virtualbox.

Do all your websurfing and other apps inside a virtual machine to protect your top-level operating system and so it doesn't lag from having a bunch of stuff running on it. Run a copy of XP or ubuntu (or both, whatever you like) inside virtualbox and do everything in there.

You can install ubuntu in a virtual machine first, then go to a torrent and get XP and install it if you don't have a working copy of XP. That way you have disposable operating systems you can do anything with.

XP is the perfect operating system for a virtual machine - it takes very little RAM or CPU from your host OS. And everyone knows how to use it so there's no wasting time googling how to do everything.

Note: I do not encourage the theft of software, please buy it if possible, if not then that's your business.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 am

I have xp on my virtual box, it's a pretty cool software. I run old software on it, and I keep my windows 7 to work.

I didn't know that a software like that exist. Thanks, it's pretty useful.
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidd91 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 am

I went to win 8 pro(stupidly) because with a 4 core 64 bit processor it recognizes more ram(and it allows up to 192 gigs) but the only diff. between it and 7 pro is that it's optimized for tablets.....stupid touchscreen shit...lol
Kidd91
Kidd91
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't hate Win8 as intensely as I did when it first came out. I guess that is a compliment lol.

You can add a start menu or wait for Microsoft to put it back in the next Service Pack.

Metro is stupid on a desktop computer. Who wants to touch their monitor to do anything? Of course you can use a mouse too.

There are a lot of bugs in Windows 8 and a lot of broken application programming interfaces preventing older "legacy" software to work. So businesses who have 100s of custom apps will never upgrade to it since there is no backwards compatibility for their custom software that worked fine the last ten years.

They took out the XP emulator that was in Windows 7 so many 32-bit programs will not run. Which means no corporate customers want it. And guess what - big business likes things that are reliable and don't change much. Spend millions setting up your corporate network and designing databases and now Microsoft says they are all obsolete and you need to start over with new APIs that no one knows how to use.

This is why Sinofsky and Ballmer have been given the boot. Windows 8 if left untreated will kill Microsoft. Nobody actually "wants" it people just get it unintentionally when they buy a new computer.

It does run a bit faster than Windows 7 though. Of course you could just use Classic Mode and get faster response from Windows 7 than the default mode.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum