FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objective rushing - or not?

3 posters

Go down

Objective rushing - or not? Empty Objective rushing - or not?

Post by Kernel265 Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:02 am

Hi all,

We all know objective rushing by jumping or using the servers settings (low gravity) is not cool.

That being said, many maps are designed for a covert to pass through a team door while disguised. 
This can lead to objectives done out of order but is still within the design of the map and can be done without exploiting low gravity or double jumping. 

Pirates and that map where you build the transmitter to call in the bomber are two good examples. 

Is the use of team doors by disguised coverts allowed or not?
Most folks think that any out of order objectives are illegal even if done in a manner that falls within map design parameters. 

I just wanted to get a clear call on this because I often play covert.
I might grab thee first gold on pirates but will wait before capturing the second so the map gets at least 5 mins play. 
This method is helpful when the Allies aren't getting past the 1st objective due to the axis spawn being so close to it.
Kernel265
Kernel265

Back to top Go down

Objective rushing - or not? Empty Re: Objective rushing - or not?

Post by obituary Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Please do not end the maps early. Some people may like a certain map more than others and to have it end in five minutes because someone snuck around a back way and completed the objectives is disappointing.

I will have more time after December 12th so I can work on  blocking map exploits so people cannot use all the little tricks. Otherwise I have to take out half the maps.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kernel265 Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:05 pm

I understand we don't want maps to end early.
No problem - I love it when a map is decided in the last few seconds before the clock is going to expire.

What I'm asking is can a covert using what would be a legit method to gain entry on any non-modded server be allowed to do it on your servers as well?
Not for the purpose of ending a map quickly but more of a way to provide and alternate progression of the map.
Kernel265
Kernel265

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 am

If it allows you to end the map in the first few minutes then don't do it.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 am

Enough said.
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kernel265 Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:44 pm

obituary wrote:If it allows you to end the map in the first few minutes then don't do it.
Just for clarity:

If the map has been playing for a while I should not expect to be placed into spectator or kicked for using a team door as a disguised covert to advance my team past an objective. 

A good example is Allies getting owned on Pirates with only 5 minutes or so left in the map and they haven't blown either entrance yet. 
I could sneak in and grab the gold without suffering admin repercussions?
Kernel265
Kernel265

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Kernel265 wrote:
obituary wrote:If it allows you to end the map in the first few minutes then don't do it.
Just for clarity:

If the map has been playing for a while I should not expect to be placed into spectator or kicked for using a team door as a disguised covert to advance my team past an objective. 

A good example is Allies getting owned on Pirates with only 5 minutes or so left in the map and they haven't blown either entrance yet. 
I could sneak in and grab the gold without suffering admin repercussions?
Yes that would be fine.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down