FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panzers are back on Beginner

2 posters

Go down

Panzers are back on Beginner Empty Panzers are back on Beginner

Post by obituary Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Last night I reinstalled enhanced mod on FUNBOY (BEGINNER), so we can have panzers for every class now. Like it was before.

The Beginner server has been surprisingly stable the last couple weeks since it was patched to block the ddos attacks. So I am cautiously re-adding enhanced mod, which was removed before to reduce the lag.

As you may know, there is a server resource cost with running enhanced mod. So you will see a bit more lag. Server lag varies a lot from map to map, so my first priority is always to run smaller maps. Then lowering the number of omnibots. Then removing enhanced mod.

I executed these steps last month while we were under attack. At one point, we were running the standard default ET maps, 20 maximum omnibots (on a 40-slot server), no enhanced mod, and no voice packs, player skins, or extra weapons. Not much fun.

This server was built on panzers for everyone. That is what got us populated in the first place. So this is a great step in our recovery.

Last edited by obituary on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Panzers are back on Beginner Empty Re: Panzers are back on Beginner

Post by Twisted Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:16 am

Love it! Thanks man. bounce bounce bounce bom bom bounce bom cheers cheers cheers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm

the only lag i see is the halloween map, which draw high buildings of multilayer structures... but that's all i think... Smile

thanks for the panzer and other weapons avail for all...

the enhancements i like are about gameplay, not character skins... so if you want to add things, think of it like this.,.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down