Wallhack Ban

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wallhack Ban

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 am

Hi FBY clan:

I've been playing on the Funboy server for several months and have enjoyed my time on the server. I haven't really introduced myself, and perhaps the day to do so is today, because when I tried to access the Funboy Beginner server, I received a message that I have been permanently banned for a "wallhack". I Google'd the term to ensure I had not inadvertently done something imperissible during a game (I thought a wallhack allowed you to walk through actual walls), but it appears a wallhack is a program that allows you to view opposing players through walls, giving you an unfair advantage. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you I have never, ever used such a program. In fact, even though I've played for several months now, sadly I just learned how to use the "V" quick-chat feature a few days ago. I'm a bit flattered someone thought I was performing good enough that I use a cheating program, but to be absolutely clear I (1) do not cheat in any way, shape or form, (2) follow all rules that have been posted, including never rushing, never completing objectives out of order or planting dynamite where a bot cannot access it (3) never use obscenities or inappropriate language towards other players and (4) am always polite and respectful to other players.

If you have any questions, I registered with my personal email address so please feel free to contact me.  I do hope the ban was simply an error or mistake, as I enjoy playing with you guys and hope to continue doing so. Many thanks all.

Matt
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Re: Wallhack Ban

Post by Selene on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:32 pm

What nickname does it show when you recieve this message?
I am 100% sure I didn't ban you for wallhack. Please tell me the exact message that you recieve while trying to connect to the server.

What I'm asking is the field named "player:"
What does it say after this?

Last edited by Selene on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by -Gotcha- on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33 pm

articfox55 wrote:Hi FBY clan:

I've been playing on the Funboy server for several months and have enjoyed my time on the server. I haven't really introduced myself, and perhaps the day to do so is today, because when I tried to access the Funboy Beginner server, I received a message that I have been permanently banned for a "wallhack". I Google'd the term to ensure I had not inadvertently done something imperissible during a game (I thought a wallhack allowed you to walk through actual walls), but it appears a wallhack is a program that allows you to view opposing players through walls, giving you an unfair advantage. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you I have never, ever used such a program. In fact, even though I've played for several months now, sadly I just learned how to use the "V" quick-chat feature a few days ago. I'm a bit flattered someone thought I was performing good enough that I use a cheating program, but to be absolutely clear I (1) do not cheat in any way, shape or form, (2) follow all rules that have been posted, including never rushing, never completing objectives out of order or planting dynamite where a bot cannot access it (3) never use obscenities or inappropriate language towards other players and (4) am always polite and respectful to other players.

If you have any questions, I registered with my personal email address so please feel free to contact me.  I do hope the ban was simply an error or mistake, as I enjoy playing with you guys and hope to continue doing so. Many thanks all.

Matt

Well articfox55 i sure hope this is not true, cause i enjoy shooting you Very Happy  Razz .
But if it does turn out to be true well it was nice to have met ya on server.
-Gotcha-

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Selene:

When I try to access the Funboy Server now to duplicate the message, it now lets me back in without a problem. From memory, I think for "User" it was completely blank (i.e., nothing at all in that space).
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Gotcha:

Although I need all the help I can get (especially against you!), rest assured I do not cheat or even bend the rules. The reality is I play on an old laptop that can only support the game in half screen mode (so I have to squint to see you!) and I don't even have a mouse...I have to use the laptop touchpad that messes up all the friggin' time! lol
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:41 pm

I can assure you that there is no banned user under your IP. Try to download etkey from etkey.org, and put it in your "etmain" folder, then start your ET, go to PLAY ONLINE, and click ENABLE PUNKBUSTER. Go back to menu, select MODS -> jaymod, and repeat (PLAY ONLINE -> ENABLE PUNKBUSTER). You don't have to repeat if it says DISABLE PUNKBUSTER.

After this try to access the server.
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Ok, thank you Selene for such a quick response. Access to Funboy Beginner seems to work just fine now...very weird because I got the same message of a "Permanent" ban for "wallhack" like 6 different times. If I have any other problems though, I will follow your instructions.

Much appreciated for the quick assistance!
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 pm

It's better if you enable punkbuster and download an etkey. The server will recognize you as an individual user instead of non-guid player. In addition your XP will be saved.
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Ok, thanks Selene.  In that case, I'll do as you say today and give it a try.
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm

i was gonna say i have never had a problem with artic fox...odd

Last edited by manic1965 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:04 pm

I hope it gets fixed soon. Arctic is always a pleasure to see.  Like a Star @ heaven
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 pm

I am very curious as to how this happened. Arctic Fox have you played under any other names? I'm not trying to "catch" you, I really want to know if there is a ban under a different name that may be getting confused, or if we have a server setting that is wrong. I have seen you play and never had reason to suspect you of anything. However there may be other players with this problem if it is affecting you and they may not be able/willing/interested  to report it to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:45 pm

All:

Thanks for the comments...enjoy playing with you guys as well!

Not long after posting my message here, I attempted to join the Funboy Beginner server again and did not get any ban message (i.e., it let me in without any problems). Nonetheless, I followed Selene's instructions above (downloaded an ET key, did the "jaymod" thing, etc.), just in case it were to happen again.

Obituary, to answer your question...I've played exclusively with the player name "Articfox55" since I started playing ET months ago. Today was the first time I had this problem. On about 6 different/separate connection attempts today, I got the "Permanent" ban message for "wallhacking". A couple of times I got a "server unavailable for unknown reason" message (or something like that...I can't remember the exact message), but when I hit the "Re-connect" button to try again, I would again get the "Permanent" ban message for "wallhacking". Strangely (and purely going off of memory), I think the "Player" field of the ban message was blank. 

Anyhow, anything I can do to help, just let me know. Happy to answer questions, and look forward to seeing you all in the game!
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 pm

I just saw you try and connect and this is the message we get in game,
I stripped out all the none ban related stuff.

ArticFox55 connected
BAN enforced: MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 (client 10)
ArticFox55 Jaymod
You are banned from this server.
player: mAus
remaining:
PERMANENT
]/condump articban.txt
Dumped console text to articban.txt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 pm

I see. The ban is enforced through the empty MAC address. I will remove this MAC address from this banned account.
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks Narayan. You are 100% correct...I again cannot access the Funboy Beginner server today. I sent Obit a private message with the error messages I'm getting, and even took screenshots. What's strange is, the player field is blank in every single error message I get. It sounds like the server is somehow getting me confused with a different player that was banned? I've always played as Articfox55, and I always play at home from the same internet connection.  Is there anything I can do to fix the hiccup?
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Just saw your message Selene, thanks. I'll give it another try right now and see if I can get on. Thanks!
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 pm

I removed it now. I had to restart the server in order to do it. You shouldn't have problems connecting now.
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by articfox55 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Ok, thank you so much Selene. Sorry you had to restart the server to fix it...I hate to interrupt everyone's gaming. But really much appreciated for the assist! I'll give it a go now.
articfox55

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Please let us know if it happens again.

Also here is a previous report of this same problem from the jaymod forum (it's an old bug):

http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum