Don't use Internet Explorer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't use Internet Explorer

Post by Selene on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Due to a recent discovery, public and government agencies are recommending the temporary cessation of using IE as an Internet browser. According to a just published article, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is “advising computer users to consider an alternate to IE” until Microsoft fixes a security flaw in IE versions 6 through 11. Computers are affected when users click on a compromised HTML document sent from an external source.

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/41043?c=it_security

I would also suggest switching to Firefox, if you haven't yet.
Selene

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't use Internet Explorer

Post by NeroQC on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Always.... Always.....
NeroQC

http://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Basically this new "Heartbleed" virus is unfixable, for the moment, and Microsoft is unable to patch it. They have to fix every version of Internet Explorer from version 6 to version 11 now, and patch 100s of millions of computers.

The computers still running Windows XP will not be patched, since MS has shut off support after 13 years of service. So about one-third of the world's computers are vulnerable if you use Internet Explorer. They will gradually get infected and will not be patched. Microsoft wants you to upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8, so they have no incentive to fix the problem on XP. However, you can keep XP and just quit using Internet Explorer (if you still use it).

SO IF YOU STILL HAVE XP YOU MUST SWITCH TO FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME NOW.

Remember Internet Explorer is not a web browser, it is just a temporary tool to let you install another browser. Do not use Internet Explorer for any reason other than to install another browser. Then delete the IE shortcut so no one else uses it by accident on your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by BAMA on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 am

Internet Explorer along with Microsoft has ruined two pc's of mine, so i only run FireFox and do no updates on Microsoft. I don't know much about computers, so i'm unsure what will happen in the future with no updates.
BAMA
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I've said that for years. I've been running Firefox all those years too. Never trusted IE.
 You running XP still? If so yea, it's only gonna get worse.
 BTW your PC's hardware is probably fine. You may need to upgrade to another OS. Linux, or win 8.1.
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top