FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42?

+2
Kidd91
obituary
6 posters

Go down

Should we speed up the Sten and/or FG-42?

Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_lcap60%Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]
Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_lcap0%Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_lcap20%Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_lcap20%Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? Empty Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42?

Post by obituary Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:36 pm

We have been thinking about speeding up the Sten and the FG-42 guns to match the rate of fire of the MP-40 and the Thompson submachine guns. If you are a regular player on our Beginner server you know these guns have been set to a very high rate of fire already, but the MP-40 and Thompson are twice as fast as them.

The advantage is that this will draw people away from the overwhelming shotguns, which are very popular (and we like things that make the servers popular) but are just way too overused.

I added a few voting options. The vote is open to anyone registered on the forum, not just clan members. Also feel free to add your comments in this thread.

obit
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42? Empty Re: Speed up the Sten and/or FG-42?

Post by Kidd91 Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Yes both, the FG was my fav weapon back in the day
Kidd91
Kidd91
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 pm

I vote no on both, they have little to none recoil which makes them already overpowered.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidd91 Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Actually The MG-42 could stand some speed, The super recoil it has used to be a trade off for the speed it had...
Kidd91
Kidd91
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastborg Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Eh what the heck, change them both. We can revert later if we don't like the mods.

It's good to have a balance of power, and weapons that fit each person's unique fighting style. People like me prefer the M97, people like Lonestar are good with the Sten, and people like Narayan are jacks of all trades.

So sure, let's try something new. I like the challenge of adapting to change.
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:21 pm

When I first started playing on this server, the Thomson was my favorite. Then after I got the hang of the Mighty 97 I was hooked. On the other servers the shotty sucked. When I'm pulling back on the mouse that Mighty 97 I can feel the power of it in it's recoil. Then I run out of mouse pad. Whatta I do? Move it to the top of the pad and get my aim back if I don't end up dead before then. And start again. People say that's it's to easy. However I beg to differ. It's like trying to control a beast. I find short burst helps. But it's hard to do that when you have 3 or 4 targets under you all aiming for you. It becomes a trade off. For in that split second you have to move that mouse to the top of the pad, and if your not covered. Your dead meat. Most likely from another Mighty 97.
 All our weapon have the same weakness. You can see the bullet trails, and the muzzle flashes on walls. And the Mighty 97 even give away your position more in the spread of the shot.
  I have no problem with you making them fast or more powerful. At the very least it'll add to the challenge, and make for more skilled players hanging out. Because their favorite weapons are modified more equally to the Mighty 97. At the least it may encourage players to use them more. And I may find another favorite weapon.
 The Mighty 97 is like looking a dragon in the mouth. The only thing worse is seeing a panzer shell getting bigger. It's,, It's almost mesmerizing..........
Besides I hunt snipers too!  I see your muzzle flash. I'm gonna get you. I don't care what gun you using.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:42 pm

... im not that crazy then Razz Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

You feel better now? I still feel twisted.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:55 pm

TwistedDesciple wrote:You feel better now? I still feel twisted.

Yes I do Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 am

We will increase the FG-42 for now, maybe the sten later.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down