new puter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new puter

Post by manic1965 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:13 pm

i get a bigger and so called better puter,which i think sucks.cant use my old puter because its just too old and it died, problem is on my old puter my was around 30-50,with this new puter my ping is always over 100 which slows me way down...any idea how i can fix this,about to drive me nuts
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Re: new puter

Post by Beavis on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:53 pm

If you computer is relatively new, then it should have more than enough horsepower to run ET. I'm talking CPU, RAM, motherboard, drives, etc.

Your network latency (what most people call "ping") is probably unrelated to your computer's hardware, and it can be caused by a number of issues:

* simultaneous bandwidth-heavy applications running on your PC (ex: torrents, movies, etc)
* poor wifi/wireless connection (due to a weak signal, channel/frequency saturation, etc)
* poor LAN/wired connection (due to network congestion, network appliances, etc)
* poor Internet connection from your ISP (too many reasons to list here...)

If you could describe your computer model or hardware, wired/wifi network, and ISP setup, then we may be able to better diagnose your problems and suggest solutions.
Beavis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum