FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ox rushing/evening teams

5 posters

Go down

Ox rushing/evening teams Empty Ox rushing/evening teams

Post by OneOldMan Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:01 pm

He rushed caen by jumping the building and grabbing the obj. before the tank had blown the wall.  Then after a warning was given about how lopsided the teams were he and one other jumped to allies, the next map, making allies completely lopsided.  Something like 8 on 3.  When teams were mentioned again nothing happened.  So a shuffle was done and guess who left?  Ox and the other player who jumped with him. 

I only mention him since he is a veteran player who has played here for a long while and has to know the feelings about trying to keep the teams even and does nothing the help out just actually making it worse.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Ox rushing/evening teams Empty Re: Ox rushing/evening teams

Post by obituary Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:36 pm

This is one reason why we don't run caen much... people like Ox rush it.

We could just run baserace_desert forever and there you go, no more rushing lol (jk).

Regarding Ox, he has been warned before, and I think we banned him once over this too. So I'm leaning towards a permanent ban this time around. I'll see what other people think first, but tbh I don't see any reason to let him play here anymore if he won't learn not to rush and stack after playing here so long. He just ruins the maps for everyone else and encourages others to break the rules too.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Ox Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:41 pm

First off, One Old Man is lying, I did not take the obj. That was someone else, I was frozen by SneakyBastard when that happened, you can ask him.

So if you're going to ban me, can you at least do it without lying, One Old Man?

You obviously came in late, have no idea what happened and now because of your unrelated frustration, I get banned. Thanks a lot.

That's not to say I didn't jump a wall. I did.

What happened is that the map had been reset because I ran across the top of gate5 and dropped down in FRONT of it and set off my satchel, which killed me, caused me to respawn immediately, run to gate6, plant IN FRONT of it and kill 3-4 bots that tried to disarm it.

SneakyBastard got there too late, concluded I had cheated and restarted the map.

This DID anger me, I protested against the false witness SneakyBastard bore against me and when I saw that was getting me nowhere, I jumped the wall and tried to blow gate2 before gate1 was blown, because if people can just abuse their admin power and arbitrarily do stuff like that, why not?

And as for rushing, when SneakyBastard WRONGLY restarted the map, there was less than 10 minutes left on the clock, I don't see how that classifies as rushing. It wasn't rushing, it was the other team not being on the ball.

Honestly, I wonder who I am dealing with here. Guys (and gals?) who I thought were mature and had good judgement, is that who you are or not?

Judging me based on lies and errors. Really.

I am disappoint
Ox
Ox

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Not to get into a crapping contest, Ox, during Caen I was spec and when you look at the team menu it shows who has the obj.  I don't accuse unless I see it.  Besides this is not just over one incident but a culmination of many things over a period of time.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ox Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:07 am

Hmmm... I don't even remember the incident you mentioned, One Old Man, so I'll take your word for it.

In any case, I can't stop you.

I guess I won't be seeing any of you around.

Bye
Ox
Ox

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Hey guy, you'll be back bigger and badder than ever.  See ya.

Last edited by OneOldMan on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Ox wrote:
That's not to say I didn't jump a wall. I did.

What happened is that the map had been reset because I ran across the top of gate5 and dropped down in FRONT of it and set off my satchel, which killed me, caused me to respawn immediately, run to gate6, plant IN FRONT of it and kill 3-4 bots that tried to disarm it.

SneakyBastard got there too late, concluded I had cheated and restarted the map.

This DID anger me, I protested against the false witness SneakyBastard bore against me and when I saw that was getting me nowhere, I jumped the wall and tried to blow gate2 before gate1 was blown, because if people can just abuse their admin power and arbitrarily do stuff like that, why not?

And as for rushing, when SneakyBastard WRONGLY restarted the map, there was less than 10 minutes left on the clock, I don't see how that classifies as rushing. It wasn't rushing, it was the other team not being on the ball.

Let's be clear - I never accused Ox of back planting when I restarted.  I was on the Axis team as a CovOps at gate six when the dynamite blew gate 6 from the inside. I witnessed the blast but not the plant and so I had no idea who planted the dyno. 

That is when I restarted the map.  (That is not admin abuse)  What I said (and feel free to verify the logs) was someone back planted, that was the reason for the restart.  I did not "bear false witness against you" because I did not accuse you personally of the back plant. 

"If people can just abuse their admin power and arbitrarily do stuff like that"   - If you think an admin is abusing their authority or power then this is the forum to come and complain.  Make sure you get the date and time and then describe the circumstances of said admin abuse.  Obit or Selene can check the logs and verify the veracity of such an accusation and take the appropriate action against an admin if they determine such action is warranted.
Sneaky Bastard
Sneaky Bastard

Back to top Go down

Ox rushing/evening teams Empty was in the game ...

Post by Hashshashin Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 am

I was in the game on Allies.  At gate 4, I brought it to Sneaky's attention that I suspected somebody of backplanting because I had the front of the gate blanketed with green smoke (in memory of Beavis) and noticed nobody entering my smoke and it still blew.  On to gate 6, when Sneaky said, "Backplant" and then restarted the map.  Since Minas is a personal favorite of mine (and Baserace is a personal least-favorite), I didn't mind the extra play time.  Sneaky never accused anyone.  Except he did freeze Ox at gate 2 while gate 1 was still in progress, after the restar.  I know because I was the first of the Allies there and killed Ox's frozen, motionless body at the gate, turning him into a motionless corpse Smile .  

From then on, there were some words said, yada yadda ... but the game went well enough from then on out.  Actually my team still lost.  No more probelms except words from then on out.  I think that was just a bad game for everyone (especially me since I lost), tempers were up, emotions clouded judgment ... best to just let that one go.  I hate it that it was even brought up in a public forum like this.

I rather enjoy playing with Ox, he's a good, aggressive, to-the-point sort of player.  I like playing with Sneaky too, though I have a sneaking suspicion he just might be a better player than me.  Also, Sneaky's words remind me of someone who's clear-headed and mature when he speaks.  

Hash
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ox Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm

I want to say I'm sorry to One Old Man, he was right, I DID take obj at Caen. At first I didn't remember the incident.

I remember axis was pinned in their spawn for at least 5 minutes, it seemed like a lot more so I wanted to take the heat off of us.

I snuck through the gate, past the town and ran to the obj-bunker.

I took the obj and waited in the bunker, hoping to create a diversion so my team-mates could finally take the town. At no time did I try to leave the bunker and finish the map.

I held out a good while in the bunker, until someone finally clued-in and took me out.

This permitted the match to advance.

In my mind I was jumping a wall to obtain kills, help my team and did not complete the objective ahead of time.

Hashshashin, I'll always have your back, buddy.
Ox
Ox

Back to top Go down

Ox rushing/evening teams Empty Better to have my back ... than to be killing me I say!

Post by Hashshashin Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 am

Thanks Ox.  Seriously, I like playing with or against you (prefer with you).  You're a good player and you play well.  I don't like playing with those that just stand around, don't go out and fight, fight in the wrong part of the map, sit back scared to die or something, and don't play the game.  THAT frustrates me more than anything actually.  So ... see you in game Smile
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum