Nvidia GTX 570 issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nvidia GTX 570 issues

Post by Noname(Est) on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:17 am

i was running 570 gtx but on monday mornig just got a black screen and cant to anything reinst my win for clean driver inst and still had the same issue but now just going to buy a new because just to tired to try to fix this it was ised but never for gaming so it just but if you check there own forum i found a topic https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/782135/geforce-500-400-series/warning-do-not-use-the-34x-xx-drivers-with-fermi-cards-400-500-series-last-update-/ so if someone is using the same card can check this.My new card is this http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R9_270X_GAMING_2G.html#hero-overview getting it cheap still used but it has a warranty
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Re: Nvidia GTX 570 issues

Post by obituary on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:57 am

I have the nvidea GTX 660 TI and they have issued a couple patches just over the last few days. I am not having any trouble though.

It's possible they are quite aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Often fixing one problem causes a different problem on something that was working fine before. They may have released a patch that was needed to comply with some Windows update patch, and inadvertently messed up older cards that were relying on whatever driver feature was altered.

Best advice is to keep the older drivers so you can roll back to them when the new ones break things.

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:15 am

After reading the thread Noname posted it looks like it is only the older cards, and only this one driver series. But if you get it then uninstalling and reinstalling an older driver doesnt fix it, you have to reinstall windows (pffft...)

So windows updates continue to mess up perfectly good software as usual, and the blame falls on the nvidea software people, not Microsoft for putting out crappy OS's with 10,000 security holes to be patched later.

Microsoft should just hire hackers to do a year of penetration testing on their OS before they release them, so they can fix all the holes. Offer rewards for who can find the most holes. Extra points if you find holes in the server versions of the OS.

Instead they use 100 million consumers as unwilling beta testers. By the time they get all the bugs fixed on one OS (cough cough XP) they are three new operating systems ahead (Vista, 7, 8..).

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:36 pm

sadly the update killed my card got told by nvidia supp that if it does not work on a nother pc it dead and did try it on my friends pc and still the same issue i think it my have damaged the card by pretty much overheating it
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:02 pm

In that case you should be able to contact them and get your money back or a replacement card. It's not your fault they fried your card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:49 pm

its used card its around 3 years old just the weird thing was it was used very littel for gaming because the guy i got it from plays mostly console and creates music on the pc but no worries tomorrow i will have a new r9 270x powering my games.Its not the most powerful one but for my very low budget gettin a good deal.because getting a brand new one not even removed from the box
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I checked and my latest driver is:

344.65-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

and my card is running fine, but its a 660 TI. Looks like it's just the previous generation. Hope you get your money back somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top