FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

human aimbot

+3
obituary
Selene
Hashshashin
7 posters

Go down

human aimbot Empty human aimbot

Post by Hashshashin Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:37 am

There was a guy on today with an aimbot that's supposed to imitate a human (ie, it plays like Koenios at his best, which is a huge step up for the rest of us).  Let this be a lesson ... Selene and Koenios can even spot these very good attempts at aimbotting.  And there resulted a perm ban ... for the guy and his buddy who shared the same IP.

Usually my standard for wondering if something is amiss is when I think, "Even Koenios isn't that good."

~ Hash

(If you have to use an aimbot, why would you ever do it when a mod is in game?)
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

human aimbot Empty Re: human aimbot

Post by Selene Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:46 am

Hashshashin wrote:
(If you have to use an aimbot, why would you ever do it when a mod is in game?)

Just so cheaters don't feel so relaxed: I don't have to appear on the list to be on Smile
I can be on and ban you if you're cheating anytime and you won't see it.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:52 am

There were two waves of ET aimbots - first the twitchy ones that could be spotted by anyone watching, then the "humanized" aimbots that expand the hitbox instead of moving the crosshair.

The newer ones can be detected by watching the videos slowly for shots outside the hitbox that occur when a player has low ping. They are easy to spot with a low-ping player.

If people have high ping (over 200) then the hitboxes often lag behind the enemies, without any hacks, so it is harder to make a positive identification.

So then you look if the shots outside the box are on the leading edge of the enemy movement or if they always trail a few hundred milliseconds behind the enemy position. So a laggy player may look like he is always shooting right behind where the enemy player was, but an aimbotter will get hits both ahead and behind the player's current location. This is critical to remember when examining a "humanized aimbot" suspect. They kill ahead of where the enemy should be.

The only problem here is if they have optimized prediction enabled. Optimized prediction will often make a player appear to be using an aimbot as it tries to "guess" where a player is going to be. Optimized prediction is a terrible cvar in my opinion. It makes people look like they are hitting outside the box and has caused many people to get accused of hacking. It can be difficult to tell the difference between an expanded hitbox from an aimbot or a clean player using optimized prediction.

Most aimbots have a wallhack enabled so this allows another angle of detection. I won't get into how we look for wallhacks as we don't want to train the enemy. Obviously if someone is suspected of an aimbot but we aren't sure, but they have wallhack behavior, we are going to ban them based on the circumstantial evidence.

We don't need Punkbuster. We use our eyes and brains and many years of experience.

We have many other things like this that we watch for when we review suspected botter videos.

So if you are a botter lurking here on our forum reading this, remember we can detect you if we are motivated enough to examine you.

There is no such thing as an undetectable aimbot.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashshashin Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:47 am

This is what we should take away from this.  Those using aimbots & wallhacks are, in Obituary's words, "the enemy."  FBY doesn't take kind to hackers.
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahh Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 am

I don't want to hijack this thread but someone online advised me to type the code /cl_timenudge-50 into the console and it will lower my ping. Their ping at the time was less than 10. I am usually around 90. 

I understand that proximity to the server can influence one's ping, but entering this code into the console did not change my ping.

Is this nonsense or a valid suggestion? Will lowering my ping give me any discernable playing advantage? Thanx.

If this should be a separate topic please advise, delete, and I will repost as a separate thread.
sarahh
sarahh

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:20 am

On some servers it's blocked, on ours it's unlocked as we don't find this a cheat command. I use this as well, otherwise I have an unplayable experience. Just make sure it's entered the right way:

Code:
/seta cl_timenudge -50

Copy this (ctrl+c) and then while on the server, open your console (~) and click ctrl+v and enter.

Also you can use /seta rate 45000 and /seta r_primitives 2
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by LtDan Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 am

Sarah, that was me, and as you see it is legit.  However, I am able to use /cl_timenudge -50, although Selene suggests /seta cl_timenudge -50.  I don't know what the difference is, but I am often clocked at a ping between 0-5.
The benefit you get from using this command depends on your proximity to the server location.  I am guessing I must be reeeaaal close.
LtDan
LtDan

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:49 am

You have to use the word "set" or "seta" in front of it.

set makes it temporary, seta makes it permanent.

If you play exclusively here then use "seta", if you play on other servers use "set" so you don't get kicked or banned.

In the etpro days a lot of players used to bind timenudge to their mouse so when they started shooting it would flash back and forth to different timenudge settings. This would make it harder for the etpro server to determine their exact position and made it harder for them to get shot. So it was banned on a lot of servers as a potential cheat.

This is called "toggling". You can do this with a lot of cvars (like maxpackets, rate, etc) and many servers force all of the cvars to one setting when you connect so nobody can toggle any of them.

We don't want to force everyone to play a certain way and we certainly don't want people to lag when they could have a better connection. On our server the weapons are so powerful that the small advantage gained from toggling is not going to matter when you get hit by a panzer or a sten shoots you ten times in the head.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Rocky320 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:09 am

guysssss help i say  a guy name najz he was using aimbot+wallhack

Killer Rocky320

Back to top Go down

Post by Ox Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:45 pm

lol, a few times I've wondered if Koenios was indeed cheating somehow but I'm certain he isn't. He's annoyingly good, wish I could be too.

I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind using an aimbot: It's not you who is kicking ass, it's a cheat and sort of says a lot about your self-confidence if you feel you have to resort to it. I feel bad for you if you do it.

The other motivation I can see is someone griefing just to be a jerk, which I really can't sympathize with at all.
Ox
Ox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum