FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In game tracker issue

3 posters

Go down

In game tracker issue Empty In game tracker issue

Post by Valkyr Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 am

My in game tracker doesnt populate with any servers. Anyone know what causes this?
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

In game tracker issue Empty Re: In game tracker issue

Post by obituary Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Valkyr wrote:My in game tracker doesnt populate with any servers. Anyone know what causes this?

If you are talking about the master server list that opens when you click "PLAY ONLINE" from your main menu, then yes I had the same problem last night too.

This is one of the big advantages in issuing menus to players when they connect to our server, they can find it even when the master list goes down.

Occasionally the server that supports the master list gets hacked or ddossed and then gets shut down so they can patch it. Some server admins speculate that this is done by rogue programmers who wish ET would just go away so people will buy more games.

ET is a free game and the people who support the master server list are not always highly motivated to maintain it. It should come back up in a day or two. This has happened many times.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 pm

It has been several days now since the master server list went "down" and people throughout the ET community are getting worried. ID software has apparently pulled the plug on ET, RTCW, and Quake 3.

It is unknown if they will restore the service, or allow the link to be forwarded so someone else can maintain the master server list. The head admin of TrackBase has started his own master server list, which we will soon be listed on. However, new players who have freshly installed the game will not see this alternative server list. ET will have trouble getting new players if they cannot find any servers to play on.

This is much more serious than the loss of Punkbuster support, which was last year's attempted murder of our favorite game.

Read more here: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31768-Unofficial-Server-List-Fix

And also read here: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31749-servers-list-down-today

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Boil Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for the info on this problem guys. I have been trying to figure out why my list wasn't populating, and this answers that question. Hope that they get this sorted out so players can find the server.
Lance Boil
Lance Boil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down