FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hackers

+4
Friedrich
Noname(Est)
obituary
Scratch
8 posters

Go down

Hackers Empty Hackers

Post by Scratch Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 am

Hello,

My game name is Scratch but you can call me Mike. I come on your forums to report a small problem with your Funboy server.

I've been playing ET since it's inception and have led some big clans, run many servers, and truely enjoy the game. I know it's past it's prime and most servers are filled with bots but it's still something I enjoy from time to time. I hadn't played for about a year or so when I came back on I found your server. It was quite different, fun actually, kind of reminded me of unreal tournament. Anyway, I played a few times and then came back on yesterday and today and quickly noticed you have a hacker. His name is monsterkiller. I'm not quite sure he uses an aimbot but definately uses a wallhack. I had my suspisions at first because he seemed to always know where everyone was located. So I went into spec and watched him play. The first thing I saw was the fact that he would always turn right to where the enemy player was coming or going. If it's to his right, left, or behind him, there was no looking around for the enemy if you know what I mean, he always seemed to know.

It was evident what he was doing but the next thing I saw proved what I was seeing was no joke. On the radar map when exiting the building where the command post is located, he was behind those clumps of trees that blocks your view and you can't seem past them till you get off the ramp. From behind the trees he was shooting and killing whoever was there. There was no way to see anything behind those trees without the help of wallhacks. I've never used hacks but over the many years of owning servers, it becomes obvious when they do.

I hate to come on and complain about this but I enjoy the server and I hate to see someone kill a fun server because someone's cheating, I've seen it happen to many times. I haven't seen tagged members on so I know this thing can be hard to police without your presence, especially since punkbuster is no longer in service. I'd like to continue playing on your server but won't untill I don't see this guy.

Well it's up to you guys, let your judgment be your guide.

Mike

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Hackers Empty Re: Hackers

Post by obituary Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for the report. Since PB has gone away we have to rely on people to be our eyes and ears.

I used to play UT2004 a lot so yes it was a big influence on the server.

If you could take a dm_84 video we can make a judgement on this player. You can email it to me at wolfn00b@yahoo.com. Also use !finger to get his guid so we know who to ban. We can ban by rcon so it doesn't matter if he is on the server at the time, or if our members are on either.

If he doesn't have a guid we can still ban by IP. I can just take an unused player account from the user database, someone who has not played in six months, and change the IP address to the botter and then ban that unused account. That usually works unless they use a dynamic IP. Then we have to do a subnet ban.

Thanks for the post.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm

This is actually a big help for us when no admin is online and a player takes the time to report the problem on the forum i will keep my eyes open when ever im online and try to spec him if i can
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Monsterkiller is the guy that has two players(same ip) one in spec so he can find people. I told Obit about this before when he was doing it to Beavis. I do not think he has a walhack but I still consider this cheating.

Friedrich
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 pm

no actually he is cheting im sure of it i spec him for a while today and he always gets a head even if the guy is behind him and he was using a submachinegun and not the panzer or m97 and he knew where people where and he killed beavis when i was specing him and there is no way you can see him he was on a rooftop in minas.but i forgot to a video whats kinda stupid but i did not ban him just kick him a few times.when i told him to turn of hes hack he told me that im noob cheater.thats was funny for me Very Happy im playing here over a year and out of the blue start to cheat whats the point of that.if i want to play with a bot then i go to bot server there are someout there where you can play with aimbot
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:29 pm

So did you check his accuracy? Did he have another player in spec with same ip?

You guys can't wait for me to always catch the guys and get vids most cheaters stop doing stuff if I am on anyway or leave as soon as I go spec.

What we need is the accuracy score, and a good vid where you specifically say where on the vid the guy is cheating, not "that guy is cheating I am sure" statements with no evidence.

Don't kick or mess with guys unless you can show that they were cheating. And don't do that "turn of your hack " stuff. We have had problems with that in the past. Friedrich
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 am

I've had to kick Monsterkill/Monsterkiller again a couple of times recently for being an asshat. I noticed those two accounts playing on the server recently, although this time they were playing on opposing teams.

I fingered both accounts and noticed they had the same IP address. I contacted both accounts and one of them told me he was from Germany and had 5 PCs on a home network set up to play games.

Since then I saw him get kicked for being an asshat by someone else. Now he's being suspected of cheating. I would not be surprised. He always seems to find and kill me as covey very easily...
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 pm

I was able to get on the server for a short time today and monsterkiller was on. I captured and put the video on youtube for you to see but can't embed it or put a link to it on here yet cause the forums won't allow me to. It's short but shows what's he's obviously doing. Oh and he stopped playing as soon as your members showed up.

I wouldn't play around with this fella. I would get rid of him now. Players come few and far in between these days on ET. Look at all the dead bot filled servers out there. Hate to see you loose good regulars because of this guy and it will happen if nothings done.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I was playing Minas when Scratch joined as spec. I asked him to watch Monsterkill to see if he was cheating.

Just a Gamer and myself were playing on same team and we both thought Monsterkill was killing suspiciously well.

Scratch told me Monsterkill was cheating so i automatically kicked him (after many warnings for him not to cheat or rush).

Scratch referred to the following video of Monsterkill (we were playing Minas, this video is of other map). The link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnn1TaISgBs

What do you think?
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm

I watched him shooting at wall and floors thinking someone was there...and they were....just on the other side that he was not on.....
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm

thx thats a great vid scratch Smile
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboyUp Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:42 pm

The video looks like a hack to me. I also saw very similar behavior: he stood on the side of a doorway at a spawn, and shot immediately as the bots came through (didn't record: I was about to, and he moved on to normal behavior).

I also saw someone kick him on Friday night (don't remember who). He was back within a few minutes. They tried to put him in spec, and it didn't work. He LOL'd all the tries.

He also spends a suspicious amount of time in Spec. Not sure what he's doing there.

In the last 24 hours, I've seen lots of complaints against him. I say he's good for a ban.
CowboyUp
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I WATCHED THE VID ON YOUTUBE AND IT IS NOT CONCLUSIVE HE CAN SEE THE GUYS ON HIS COMPASS MAP.

Get me a longer vid showing that he shoots guys that do not appear on his compass map or has very high accuracy and I will ban him.

Friedrich
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:09 pm

It's a wallhack. He aimed to the left of the doorway, right before the enemy walked through it (at 3:28 on the in-game timer).

I looked at it several times, and there was no red circle in the in-game compass at that point in time. So he could not see him by any normal means.

Ban approved.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Kewl
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Good, I'm glad we caught him and that he is now banned.

I initially suspected him when I busted him playing with the 2 accounts with the same IP address (home network, whatever).

I wonder how many cheaters we don't catch...
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm

That's good, smart thing to do. If you slowmo the play of the video by manually moving the video slider, it's even more evident by the way he shoots at the walls and fires the millisecond a player comes into view. Not possible without the help of some kind of tool.

I think you have some nice folks that play on your server and I'll be around from time to time. Wink

I know you guys can't be on all the time playing and policing the server but hackers in the end get caught. Using your gutt feeling and making a decision on that can serve you well. You have good members so trust them, they won't let you down.

Take care fellas,

Mike

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:07 am

Why was i kicked for 5 days when i did nothing wrong?
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 am

Riccardo wrote:Why was i kicked for 5 days when i did nothing wrong?

You did multiple things wrong or you would not have gotten a 5 day vacation. The worst thing you did was abuse others and disrespect the admin.

I warned you and what was your response? "Shut Up" aka "fk off". Poor response for any situation. And you did it not once but twice.

You are again officially warned not to jump wall on Minas and intentionally mess up the spawns and bots. (You did it and made sure all knew you did it like it was funny)

You are again officially warned to respect other players and the admins and not make foul or abusive chat comments.

Basically I was ignoring you being an asshat until you did alot of stuff to piss off the other players and tried to start a pissing contest by telling me to shut up when I am forced to interrupt my gameplay to deal with you being a dumbass.

So guess I won the contest. I have received numerous complaints about you and the other admins now know you have been causing problems. If you continue to be a problem player you will be banned.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:06 am

I was never told that i messed up the bots if i was told that i would have stopped i never told you to shut up i said that to GunneR if i caused problems you can just talk to me about it and ill stop no one ever told me this until i was kicked if i caused problems then im sorry :l
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Riccardo take a few days off, and come back when your ban is over. Five days is just enough to get your attention, and now you are here thinking about your behavior, which is what we want to happen. If you were in serious trouble here, you would be banned for good. Try to stay out of trouble with admins and you will be fine.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Mk
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 am

Guys i need help i cant seem to connect to ANY server on ET i tried every mod i have punk buster and et key and i dont know why but it keeps closing the game when i try and join one Sad plz help
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 am

Riccardo wrote:Guys i need help i cant seem to connect to ANY server on ET i tried every mod i have punk buster and et key and i dont know why but it keeps closing the game when i try and join one Sad plz help

I don't think this is a problem with our servers but probably your installation on your computer.

Maybe you went to a server that downloaded a bad menu file to your computer. This happens a lot when new server admins make homemade menus and do not test them first.

The fastest fix is to to uninstall ET, delete all the remaining files (be sure to do this), and reinstall the game. Be sure to save your etkey. This should only take you five or ten minutes.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum