FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flightschool - falling in Minas

2 posters

Go down

Flightschool - falling in Minas Empty Flightschool - falling in Minas

Post by Asasiyun Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Flight School: Knocked/fell over edge in Minas. Hard to get back to active level. Gravity not low enough to jump up and over. Rocket jump does not work. Had to either run all the way around or /kill self to respawn. I found this annoying, but don't know a solution. Other maps work well, no complaints.

Asasiyun

Back to top Go down

Flightschool - falling in Minas Empty Re: Flightschool - falling in Minas

Post by obituary Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

We are sorry but we had to raise the gravity a bit on Flight School. We were getting constant complaints that players were rushing (ending) the maps. There were players fighting about it on the server. I would go on the server and see players getting the objective in Minas in the first five minutes every map. The all the other players would complain to the player who jumped all the walls and he would say he just wanted to win the map and it was ok because the gravity was set low so he could do it.

After kicking and warning several people it seemed easier to just raise the gravity back to one-half the standard gravity. This prevents people from just jumping to the top, grabbing the objective while everyone else is still at the bottom, and ending the map in the first few minutes.

I would prefer to have the gravity low so it is more fun, but it doesn't work when a few players just rush the map and end it. Sorry.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Asasiyun Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes that makes sense. I saw that too, game ended in first 5 minutes. No fun that way. I agree on both accounts. I liked the gravity at a higher level to jump really high. But it is better at the lower level to keep people from jumping to the objective. Good call on your part.

Why play to only end it in 5 minutes? I do not understand that.

Asasiyun

Back to top Go down

Post by Asasiyun Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Also, with low gravity, shouldn't rocket jump work? It doesn't obviously so probably it is because of another setting with no impact kill?

Asasiyun

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

The extra power on the double jump is a second setting in addition to the gravity. It was set back to normal.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:03 am

My ban is almost over and im ready to come back to the server (alot nicer now ) Razz
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccardo Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 pm

so i did what ya siad Obi and it didnt work :l
Riccardo
Riccardo
BANNED

Back to top Go down