Rules??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rules??

Post by Kyubi on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Some were there when I was 'disrespecting' players/admins. I was muted. It's mostly common sense to not spam...but who hasn't? When you lose you just wanna shout "No!nonononononono!!!" Over and over again. But I say that's what the Chat on:off is for. But I'm not a mod or admin. Foul language....Do I even have to? I wont. So in my muted time I came here looking for the rules, only to find there are none. :O I say, lets post 'em!!! No aimbots flash across the screen, why not any other rules? As for the language, I've seen PLENTY of servers censor out the 'naughty' words with stars. And when they say them they're killed! Very Happy And even have a counter for a kick! Or even better!-(Just my personal opinion, again it's no my site or server)-add a disclaimer!! Very Happy Out of all of this, at least add a section for rules. I leave on one last note. I NEVER get on ET to 'insult' or 'disrespect' and if I come across as such then you should know that I'm ALWAYS joking. I come here to play and try to have fun. And if I'm on to insult, all my words will be in caps, just for the sake of knowing.
Kyubi

Back to top Go down

Re: Rules??

Post by obituary on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 am

I personally detest censorship. I like the freedom of speech.

On this forum, a few "dirty" words are censored. It is a free forum from forumotion and we do not own it. We have to keep it clean or we will lose it. Also anyone on earth can wander in here and read it, so we don't want to deliberately offend the general public.

I don't censor any words on the ET server with language filters. If you feel the need to curse you may do so. However, if you annoy people enough someone will probably mute you. Every admin has a different personal tolerance for profanity. I try to give a wide latitude to the admins so you may get muted for different things depending on the admin who is on at the time.

Also we do not tolerate harassment, like threatening them in real-life. That can cause legal trouble for us so we have to prevent it.

Hope that clears up your questions.
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:20 pm

I found out you were spamming GAY GAY GAY every time you lost. And someone muted you eventually. Not sure what kind of reaction you expected calling everyone and everything GAY GAY GAY GAY.

Please don't do that as it annoys other players and makes you look like a moron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 pm

I feel as though I focused too much on the language part, my fault. I was also hoping for a response about making rules. I was anticipating an actual set of rules, and I don't mean to make anything I say snotty. Something like: No jumping for objective but only to kill. No Foul language. Etc. Something that's actually set in stone, and yes; I realize that admins could have different interpretations of any rule. It's confusing and 'unfair' to have one admin say it's ok for one thing and another to say you can only do it in such a way or not at all. But these are only my opinions. I do however have a suggestion. (Take it as you will) I was a high admin of a clan, but that's a different story. Whenever they would induct a new high admin or add a new rule, they would gather all 'high' level admins (sometimes all of them) and discuss it on team speak. It would be very much appreciated if rules were actually listed on here or 'flashed' on ET, but it's not my server. Thanks for reading. (PS. As for the 'moment' I had, we've all had ours I love you )
Kyubi

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 pm

If you were an admin you already know what asshat behaviors not to do and should not be having the problems that you seem to be having.

It seems to me that you just want to know how big of an asshat you can be until banned.

I find out now that you are spec cheating and arguing with another admin about rules.

Why do 99 out of 100 players have no problems but you create them regularly?

My strong advice is to stop doing stupid shit and arguing that its not in the "rules" cause there in no list.

If I hear one more thing about you being disruptive or cheating I will have no problem banning you.

This is your warning. Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubi on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm

It is never my wish to be banned anywhere. As for my 'behaviors', well we all have our little 'problems'. It may seem as though I'm being a...'jerk', but in actuality I'm trying my best to find steady ground. The reason I'm hoping for rules to be posted is so I know what NOT to do. Example: I wouldn't have 'spec cheated' had it been stated before hand. Now that it has, and also has been chalked up as another warning, I wont be doing it again as well as the foul language. Every new sever I go to I check their site for their rules, so I know what not to do. I memorize them, so as not to 'piss off' the admins. And the reason why I seem like an a$$hat maybe because I haven't been here long enough, and I don't know everyone's separate take on 'their' rules. If you want to message me stuff so I don't do it, that would be wonderful. I may have been an admin, but I sure as heck never had these kind of problems. Please note, that it is never my wish to insult; but to merely inform. But, we all have vastly different views of everything. I do hope someone will message me stating things that shouldn't be done, or would be considered cheating or disruptive. (PS: You may call it common sense, I call it not know what was never spoken.)
Kyubi

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

I put rules in the banners that run along the bottom of the server. Also the forum is full of examples of decisions we have made over time for dealing with various troublemakers.

Things like "Do not rush the server in the first five minutes" and "Teams are not forced" are in the banners.

Some clans put them in a special button in the server menu they download when players connect to their server. Then you can go read them all if you want. But most players won't go out of their way to look for them and honestly most players don't violate them. I can do that, but I don't know how many people would ever look at it.

Or I can add another banner ad like "You have freedom of speech. You also have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be recorded in the logs. Please do not make a nuisance of yourself in the chat. Thanks."

obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Here are some others one of our admins suggested today. I will add these to the banners:

Respect all players and admins.

Don’t abuse voice chat.

Don't jump over the wall to skip an objective.

Don’t stay AFK (Away From Keyboard) for a long time.

Don’t kill your teammates.

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Here is a current banner list. 16 simple rules most people can understand. We may add some in other languages too.

set g_banner1 "^3Do not jump over walls to get the objective early."
set g_banner2 "^3www.funboy.forumotion.com"
set g_banner3 "^3Teams are not forced on this server. Play whichever team you want."
set g_banner4 "^3Aimbotters will be kicked or banned. No exceptions."
set g_banner5 "^3Use F to move blockers, open doors, switch classes, and pick stuff up."
set g_banner6 "^3To save your XP, you must get an etkey, and also enable punkbuster."
set g_banner7 "^3Go to http://etkey.org to get your etkey to save XP here."
set g_banner8 "^3After you shoot the panzer, hit 3 to switch back to it quickly"
set g_banner9 "^3No se apresure el mapa o usted será expulsado!"
set g_banner10 "^3You have freedom of speech. You also have the right to remain silent."
set g_banner11 "^3Respect all players and admins."
set g_banner12 "^3Don’t abuse the voice chat."
set g_banner13 "^3Don't jump over the walls to skip an objective."
set g_banner14 "^3Don’t stay AFK (Away From Keyboard) for a long time."
set g_banner15 "^3Don’t kill your teammates."

Last edited by obituary on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubi on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 pm

All are duly noted, and now memorized. Along from what I have learned. I know I have (I think) 2 strikes already, but please excuse any misunderstanding that has not been stated. I'm adding no spec cheating and no (excessive) foul language to my own list in my head. I truly appreciate this, and I hope others can understand I haven't met EVERYONE and everyone has their different views. Thanks again, and I know you wont have any problems with me with anything that hasn't already been said. I love you On with the pawning!!! >.<
Kyubi

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 pm

I think we will just put them on a menu button. I had some people who were confused about them.

I think most people don't read them in-game either, judging from some of the comments players made tonight.

I have mixed feelings about this anyway. I don't want to shove a bunch of rules in front of people and make people paranoid. But then we don't need people annoying each other further.
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Banner 10 is bull...unless your Juno Who
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 am

Honestly I don't care about profanity. If it was up to me I would say name yourself whatever you want, and say whatever you want, as long as you are not causing legal trouble.

For example we had a young girl on a couple months ago who apparently was getting harassed by an older guy pretending to be a teenage boy. He was asking her where she lived. The parents contacted me and were very upset. THIS is the kind of stuff I look for, not who called who a n00b or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 pm

I don't necessarily mind profanity unless it is abusive, annoying, or directed at admins or players.

Gay, Gay, Gay.. 20 times is annoying and who knows maybe some of our players are gay so it could be abusive too without us knowing.

Also, "**** you" and "suck it" when being corrected by admin is a no no to me, kinda like calling the ref a "cocksucker". Admins take time to make the server better, not to be abused by assholes.

A ground rule is anything that would prompt me to smack the shit out of someone in real life is not acceptable.

I regularly type "fk" in chat when I am killed with objective or pwned unexpectedly. So even I use profanity that is not directed at anyone in particular.
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:46 am

I have a prob with gaming rage Rolling Eyes but i dont swear in chat only when a person really starts to annoy and just provokes me to be a asshat and i can be a really big ass but i ususally just swear and scrim behind my pc Very Happy the prob with gaming rage is when you on teamspeak etc. and use some more stronger words Very Happy
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Boil on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for your work obituary. It seems to me that the rules you posted are very simple and easy to understand for everyone. I can't see any reason why someone can't follow them easily. I would suggest that you add something about specing someone to learn their location to go kill them as well.
Lance Boil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top