FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minas Issue

5 posters

Go down

Minas Issue Empty Minas Issue

Post by obituary Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 am

I often get requests for Minas, then I get complaints about the map always getting stuck at the top gate. The allied spawn does not get moved to the top level and both teams spawn inside the house by gate 6. Then people get bored and angry and leave.

The map seems to get stuck more often when running jaymod than silent mod or with vanilla ET. I have never seen it get stuck when there are no omnibots running.

I have emailed the map creator in the past (a guy named gerbil) but never received a response.

I have spent many hours playing with mapscripts and even trying to edit the map files itself (then release it as a new version) but my edits did not fix the gate 6 spawn problem.

So, I need to know if people want this map to keep running or if we should retire it forever from beginner. Every time I take it off I get requests to bring it back, so I would like to keep this forum thread around to explain to people why we take it out. I am well aware of how deeply loved and hated this map is by many people.

I am going to reduce the maptime to 30 minutes for now so when it gets
stuck it doesn't keep playing for another 30 minutes and make people get
bored and leave.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Minas Issue Empty Re: Minas Issue

Post by obituary Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

I haven't had a chance to work on the server yet, I have a lot going on in real life at the moment, so if the server gets stuck at the gate please use !nextmap to end the map.

Tell the players what is going on so they don't flip out and leave. Thanks!

I know if I set down to work on the server I will spend three hours on it because it absorbs me.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 am

I love Minus, Besides asshats jumping the walls. I never have any complaints.
But you do what you think is best. I'll miss it. What about Temple?
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 am

I think shortening the map is a good idea. As for eliminating it, it is a fun map, lots of room to fly and frag with an unlimited ceiling.Almost every map can be rushed in some way, So there will be very few maps we could use if that is the primary criteria for choosing them. You can never eliminate player misbehavior, only admin supervision prevents it but you can't have admins present 24/7. Whatever the server allows will be done by some players. Worrying about it will just make you prematurely grey. Smile
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree fully Valkyr.
Here's a good message to repeat on our servers.
" Map rushers well be banned! Your WARNED!!! "
Ban them for 3 days first offence. Any admin to be able to do so alone with the responcibilty to post it here that we did ban someone for anything for 3 days. Over 3 days we must produce a demo of them. And in extream sercomstances a lone admin ban for a week at most w/demo before having a consences of clan for a longer ban. Week ban 2nd offence, month 3rd offence, and a year after. And make a thread here with the ban rules. What you think?
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I just warn and kick. Then they get week vacation if they persist. No demo necessary. The logs show you warned and kicked before ban.

It is always a good idea to let me know if you ban so if there is a complaint Obituary and I already know what happened.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboyUp Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I just played on the 30 minute version, and we had a great game. I say leave it like it is for now.

With regard to the problem gate, if it's blown & I'm around, I stay for a while and kill anyone trying to rebuild it. If it's my own team, I splat them, or push them out of the way (for bots.... real players I push and then tell what's going on).
CowboyUp
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down