FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBY begginner server

3 posters

Go down

FBY begginner server Empty FBY begginner sevrer

Post by Destroyer Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 am

Just went on the server Tard want to congratulate you on the good job you did is awesome. Very Happy Very Happy
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

FBY begginner server Empty Re: FBY begginner server

Post by obituary Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 am

Destroyer wrote:Just went on the server Tard want to congratulate you on the good job you did is awesome. Very Happy Very Happy

I installed the newest version of enhmod yesterday on the 16-slot server, trying to fix some of the bugs, and the server did not work at all afterwards. This is another benefit to having two servers - you can test stuff on the little one, and mess it up, and rebuild it without disrupting the big server.

So I had to reinstall the Jaymod section from scratch. I had a backup but it was like a week old and I change it daily. I could tell you all the details but your eyes would melt from boredom. Since the server was turned off anyway, and I was reinstalling all these little special files from a dozen sources, I remodified all the weapons.

Then I thought "hey this is better than before, I will use these settings on the BEGINNER server." So now the weapons are really insane.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Never though I would say too many panzers but I must. Took a week off and come back and the server is chaos lol. There was 14 real people on everyone chain panzering choke points. This may be why there was 14 people on dunno, but getting objectives and attacking on the small maps with choke points is nearly impossible on wide open maps it was fun because there was fewer choke points. May have to play smaller server more and watch the chaos on beginner.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 am

Friedrich wrote:Never though I would say too many panzers but I must. Took a week off and come back and the server is chaos lol. There was 14 real people on everyone chain panzering choke points. This may be why there was 14 people on dunno, but getting objectives and attacking on the small maps with choke points is nearly impossible on wide open maps it was fun because there was fewer choke points. May have to play smaller server more and watch the chaos on beginner.

Lol Friedrich I thought you in particular would love it.

Personally I prefer the M16 actually. But the server is getting packed, so we're going to keep the panzers. Every time I increase them the players come back, then a few people complain, and I reduce them, and the server gets empty again.

Last week we set the available panzers down from 20 to 10, thinking no one would notice. But we once again lost half our players. So I went in the other direction, making it a panzerwar, but with all the other weapons vastly faster too, and people love it. We had 17 players on Sunday night.

I think the real problem now is the maps. Allies can't get out of second spawn on Marrakech, for example. Any map with choke points needs to be taken out of rotation.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes i have to agree with Friedrich on the panzer chaos lol. then again as you say Tard it attracts lots of people so you made the right decision Very Happy .
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down