View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beginner Server stuck on Alpine

Post by Sneaky Bastard on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:11 am

Logged on 0810... beginner server stuck on alpine assault
Sneaky Bastard

Back to top Go down

Re: Beginner Server stuck on Alpine

Post by obituary on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am

This is the same problem with it getting stuck on Warbell. I figured it out last night. The real problem is that the official name of that alpine assault map is "alpine_assault_final.pk3". However the internal name used within the pk3 file to identify it is "alpine_assault.bsp" without the "_final" at the end.

So my config files were pointed to a map called "alpine_assault_final" after Warbell, and since the internal name was really "alpine_assault" it could never find the map. So the servers kept getting stuck on Warbell. It had nothing to do with Warbell itself.

I was stumped trying to figure out why it wasn't working, it looked like I had everything right in the map cycles, but it wasn't moving to the next map.

Finally I looked inside the pk3 file and saw the .bsp file was named differently than the pk3 file name. So I fixed the Warbell config file so it pointed to "alpine_assault" and then the mapcycle was moving forward to alpine assault.

However I forgot to go to the alpine_assault_final.cfg file and rename it to "alpine_assault.cfg" so it would get executed when the alpine_assault_final.pk3 (with the "alpine_assault.bsp file inside it) was started.

I fixed everything this morning so it should be ok now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 am

Amazing how simple little things clog can cause systems not to work properly. Thanks for taking the time and figuring it out.
Sneaky Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

Thank you!
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 am

i have similar problems with the kids at home... i hear Camille chatting, i say "Camille, shut up i play!!", and she continues chatting... because it was Léa who was chatting after all... rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top