Hijack server

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hijack server

Post by CowboyUp on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Anyone have any idea what file needs to be removed to get rid of the hijack server? I thought that it was in the ETMain folder, but I've removed everything I can think of. I'd prefer not to have to reinstall, as that's a pain in the butt.
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Re: Hijack server

Post by obituary on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 am

Don't go to the master server list, it has been hacked again by that Dutch clan. It will automatically redirect you to their server.

They probably downloaded a sticky clan server pk3 file into your installation that overwrites our menu. Look for any new pk3 files and delete them from your etmain and jaymod folders.

These guys are going to kill ET and no one at idsoftware kills. In fact idsoftware would probably be happy if ET went away so people have to buy games instead of getting it for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Back when you added our menu. I finally got rid of FA's menu. Ours worked great. Then last month I went to Speedy's server once. Afew days later I discover Speedys menu had pillaged ours. Now when I DC from Bgn, His menu loads. Bout time for a pk3 hunt.
I thought there was some bugger flicking happening. Then when I checked out his server. I found the bugger. It Jacked our menu somehow. Talk about sticky. Certainly Bully Hanky thing to happen.
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

This server HiJacking is why I only play on our servers on my main client install. So I don't get a bunch of random pk3 crap that pollutes etmain, and makes changes in settings.
The above was a fun poke at Speedys server. I don't believe anyone seen it coming. We all know how that worked out for us.
Drives home that to keep a pure FBY client. You can't be server serfing on the FBY install.
Server Serf on another ET install. I got the space. So it was my own fault for using this install to visit Speedys server. My bad won't happen again.
My Start Menu shortcut has "+connect and the beginner server IP. So I hardly ever see the master server list. I go straight to the beginner server when I open the game.
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top