FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking time !

+12
gargantaprofunda
Noname(Est)
OneOldMan
Friedrich
Qbe
Valkyr
manic1965
Aprilia.
obituary
LoneStar
Selene
The-Dwarf
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Talking time ! Empty Talking time !

Post by The-Dwarf Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi, like you all know, the chat room has been delete from the forum. So, fun the others like me who liked this chatroom, we will be able to do it again !

Talk about whatever you want (outside weather, I don't know, ; find by your-self Wink 
Talking about all and nothing at the same time, just for fun !

Maybe I sound a bit crazy, but its normal, I'm a dwarf !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Talking time ! Empty Re: Talking time !

Post by Selene Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:40 am

Great idea, I was thinking about it myself after how popular this thread become in the Polish section.

So, it's snowing again... This winter isn't going to end for me.

Also, new maps are coming for DM after we deal with some shady individuals Wink
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

If it's snowing where you live, image here, in Quebec ! It's like 40 degrees under 0 and their is a snowstorm outside ! It's why I had no school Tuesday !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Nice and sunny in Texas today. I dont know how people survive in that weather. I feel for you all. If we get a little ice here, It shuts down everything.
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:00 pm

The weather is about to turn to Spring here. I can't wait I am so tired of winter. I need to get my car cleaned out and do chores outside, and it has been too cold to enjoy being outside for long.

I am wanting to spend a weekend going camping in Southern Missouri too. We have one of the largest intact wildernesses in the US in my state. We even have black bears and mountain lions. It is beautiful and mostly unspoiled. There are areas where you can walk for twenty miles in any direction and not see another house, road or person.

Southern Missouri is one of the most lawless areas of the US. You would be foolish to NOT carry a concealed handgun down there since the redneck hillbillies all have one, and half of them are crazy from drugs and alcohol. They openly display the Confederate flag in some small towns of Southern Missouri. It would be like going to a small town in Germany and seeing swastika flags and iron crosses everywhere and no one seemed to think anything was wrong.

I think the rednecks are a protective feature, since if they were not there the whole area would have been bulldozed and filled with houses and decaying slums by now, like the rest of the US already is.

Missouri is a strange and beautiful place.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilia. Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Who isn't tired of winter Razz It's been snowing almost for 6 months in Estonia. Seems like its starting to melt, but im sure this winter aint over yet lol!
Aprilia.
Aprilia.

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 am

it still too cold here in illinois.we are running 10 to 20 degrees below normal,although i did get my harley out on the 16th for a poker run,we had a total of 25 bikes and 10 cars,damn it was cold that day.i cant wait for it to warm up. i swear if i ever get 5k in my pocket i will be moving to arizona... bounce
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 am

We never have the bad winters here. I remember 2 yrs ago that It iced over for us about two weeks. I had just bought my new Tahoe and wrecked it 3 times in one regretful trip to one of these Wells. It didnt do any damages. It was the first wrecks I had ever had. Now I cringe when I see the news about cars on ice. I didnt want to EVER drive again!
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 am

Now we have a snowstorm coming this weekend through the Midwest. So much for Spring. I guess I will be inside all weekend, maybe I will have time to play some ET lol.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm

No sign of spring here either, winter weather is predicted to continue until late april! cyclops
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Here's a dirty job if you want to switch careers lol:

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR3FBQ4#a=13
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I love the weather here in Southern California.. Nice and sunny most of the time. It never snows where I live, but if I drive 1 hour East, I can go skiing in the mountains and if I drive 1 hour West, I can go swim in the Pacific Ocean.
Qbe
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 pm

I'm choosing my career right now, if you can tell me what's your job and if you like it, It could help me Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 am

The-Dwarf wrote:I'm choosing my career right now, if you can tell me what's your job and if you like it, It could help me Smile
With a nick like yours, don't become a bouncer!!!
Qbe
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:16 am

The-Dwarf wrote:I'm choosing my career right now, if you can tell me what's your job and if you like it, It could help me Smile

Database admin - I like it better than every other job I have had, but it doesn't pay much compared to my responsibility level. If I don't show up to work for one day it is a serious problem for the company. I have been doing this since 1999. I took a bunch of classes in the early 2000s to learn how to do it.

Other jobs I have tried:

data entry clerk - bad job. Insanely boring and very low pay. Typing technical documents into a Word document all day. Nowadays this job would be done by scanning the papers in and converting them from the image to text.

Lab Technician - bad job. High stress, low pay, boring, dangerous. I got a headache every day from the chemicals and the stress was too much. I was on salary so I had to work unpaid overtime on nights and weekends. You will never "catch up" because they will keep the workload too high, and the managers will constantly try to get you to come in early and stay late and come in on the weekends (for free since you are on salary) to try to "catch up" which never happens because they don't want you to really get caught up.

Truck Driver - bad job. Extreme stress. Very dangerous. You will live inside a truck. Low pay for the number of hours you work. I did this for three years. At the end when I finally quit I had less money saved up than when I started in the field. Complete waste of time. I'm lucky I didn't get killed. Looks terrible on your resume too.

kitchen staff - bad job. Very low pay, high stress, very cramped and hot environment.

professional painter - I actually enjoyed this job a lot, but it didn't pay much. I worked for the local school district and I painted all the classrooms and the trim around all the buildings. It was a nice pace and I didn't have a lot of stress. And when I was done I felt good to see the nice paint job.

Last edited by obituary on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 am

obituary wrote:professional painter - I actually enjoyed this job a lot, but it didn't pay much. I worked for the local school district and I painted all the classrooms and the trim around all the buildings. It was a nice pace and I didn't have a lot of stress. And when I was done I felt good to see the nice paint job.

I wish I could do that. I get headaches from the smell of fresh paint and feel dizzy.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 am

Dwarf what are you interested in doing? Do you love computers, or do you like to work with your hands, or do you like to work directly with people?

Every person has different things they like or are good at doing. What is good for me might be a bad job for you.

One thing to remember is that the world is very different than when I was growing up, because the internet has connected everyone on earth. So you have to find a job that can't be done over the internet by someone in a very poor country.

Writing computer programs for example is mostly done in India now, where people will work for very little money. Most computer programmers in the US are unemployed now.

Also with globalization most of the manufacturing has been sent to China so a lot of jobs in the US/Canada/Europe have been lost. So you want to avoid that type of job too.

You need something that cannot be outsourced or you will never get hired because there are too many people on earth who could do the same job.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am

That's a great advice, thank you ! I was thinking about that and I think I made a top 2.
First : a Doctor, because I like to help people, I'm good at school (it's important for this job) and this job isn't a monotone one (you always do differents things) But this job is hard because you need to be able to «turn off» your sensitivity.
Secondly: I was looking for engineering for industrial (think about the way to create machines and everything like that look like so cool )

But at school, we don't show us some jobs. Their is more than 1 000 000 jobs in the world and we only know like 100 of them. It's why I wanna ask you what was yours to knowmore of them Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 am

Doctor and engineer are both good jobs. My opinion is that engineering would be more fun. You get to build neat things and if you are good you can make a lot of money.

Doctors spend their lives taking care of sick people and many of them die, depending on what your specialty is of course. And if a doctor makes a mistake they can easily kill someone. Doctors have high rates of suicide and drug/alcohol abuse because it is so stressful. But you get a lot of respect compared to most jobs.

In the US I would not recommend anyone to go into medicine because our system is very messed up, but in Canada it is probably better.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 pm

My nephew just got full ride for med school from the navy. He will only have to serve 4 years after he finishes school.

Heck he even gets a salary while attending med school. Instant officer grade.

That shit is the bomb.

Unlike most, he will be debt free and have experience when his hitch is up. Pure profit.

Last edited by Friedrich on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Just remember that most doctors have very little spare time, and especially during med-school and residency (often 8 years total) they have absolutely none.

I'm an RN on a Cardiac ICU (Loma Linda University Medical Center) and I love my job as a whole. It has it's ups and downs of course, but all together it's a great job. You don't have to get de-sensitized, but must be able to function when the gore-level hits the roof. I learned this the hard way; while serving in the army of my home country, I was a medic and we got sent to work in the E.R. of the local hospital - quite an eye opener. However, the most brutal part was when we got sent to the morgue to observe 6 autopsies.. in the middle of it, while there were cutting up all the organs and the smell was insanely devilish, we were ordered to eat our lunches right there!! After that incident, no smell or sight of gore has ever bothered me in any way!

I originally have a BS in Computer Science, followed by a BS in Nursing. Weird combo!! LOL
Qbe
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Thank you all for your answers !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 am

What happened to the thread about Fleetwood Mac, Obi? Razz
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

Emm I realized people might start posting some bad stuff...
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am

Dwarf, there are so many things that have changed in the past 20 years, it's hard to just say "this is the best job". Like Obit I have had different jobs, from working on mainframes, to electronic systems engineer, auto parts store manager to state emissions inspector.
The best thing I can see is for you to look at the top 10 demanded careers right now and what the history of those jobs have been. Rn's are always in demand. People get sick. I general the health industry, Doctors, Nurses, Home health and Medical centers are always needed. IT was in high demand at one time but now it is so saturated it's not in the top 10 any longer. If you like computer programming, parallel programmers for these newer multi core systems are going to be needed.
The point is, is just look at what you really want to do and see what the history of that area has been and what it may be like 10 to 20 years from now.
My eldest daughter got her masters in interior design and now with the economy taking a dump like it did her field did too. My youngest got her degree in criminal justice and is working on her masters now while working as a juvenile probation officer, and she's also in the Navy active reserves as a E-5 SeaBee, construction battalion . She can build the jail to put her criminals away in.
Point is you're young so you still have time to test the waters so to speak. Good luck.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 am

Just for curiosity sake. Where has everyone lived? Is it one place, born raised and not yet die in or have you been around.
I was born in the U.S. Panama Canal Zone, U.S Navy hospital, Coco Solo.
I've lived in San Diego twice,
Fremont, Ca.
Charleston, S.C.
Vallejo, Ca.
Bremerton, Washington. twice
Beeville, Tx. and believe me it is as big as it sounds.
McAlister, Ok.
Memphis, Tn.
Great Lakes, Il. twice
Fredericksburg, Va.
Virginia Beach, Va.
Baltimore, Md.
Bethesda, Md. Lived there during The MLK riots after he was shot.
Orange Park, Fl. twice
Key West, Fl.
Honolulu, Hi.
Atlanta, Ga.
I was obviously a Navy brat.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 am

I've lived most of my life in Illinois and Missouri. I wish I could live in Colorado or Hawaii.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:43 am

I added the chatbox back to the forum. I didn't think anyone was using it before so I removed it.

If you want to use it, have fun.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 pm

I always lived in Canada; always in the same house from I'm borned !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 am

i was born in illinois
these r the states i have lived in:

florida
texas
misouri
London England.

i have been in every state except for hawaii and alaska,and have been to canada and mexico. my goal is to move to arizona in the near future (2-3 years) just waiting on the VA to settle with me
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 am

Maniac if you've never been to Hawaii you got to go. It's one place you can hit the slopes and snow ski and an our later be surfing the waves. And the women? Twisted Evil

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

I wish I could go to the US. Maybe some day they will remove that VISA thing for us. I doubt it though. They don't want us in your country so I won't be pushing anyone. If they didn't have a problem w/ us there, they would allow us to travel like most other countries. So you won't see a butterfly flying around Wink

Oh, and I lived my whole short life in one big city. I like it though.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 am

They are afraid your whole country and the rest of the Eastern Bloc will move here. The British have the same issue, now Cameron wants to restrict immigration.

Yet we let millions of Mexicans in through our southern border. Better to let more Euros over than people who hate us because we stole the north half of their country. The Mexicans know if they all come up here eventually they will control their land they lost 160 years ago.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 pm

I will say one thing about most of the Mexicans who come here is that they want to work. They will take that job the some American thinks is beneath him to do. They would much rather live off the welfare system, create a larger population for more money than work. Make it harder to get welfare and maybe our government wouldn't be so broke.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:24 pm

I wanna know what's your best quality and what's you worst flaw (or lack, I'm not sure which one is the right one).

For my-self, my best quality is that I work a lot. I always do my best, even if it's something not important. My worst flaw is that I TALK A LOT, and sometime, I don't think about what I say before I say it, so I sometime put me in ''unfunny' situations !

Your turn now !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:02 am

No way! It's snowing again!
I'm leaving this country...

[rage quit]
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:18 am

well i live in Estonia in the capital Tallinn have never lived anywhere else:D
The weather is not bad here but also not very good Very Happy when its winter then it sucks but when summer comes and it should be warm you never know sometimes its just raining and nothing else and see the sun rarely Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 am

Hey anyone want to clean my garage? Can keep you gainfully employed for a while. Very scary in there. Bring gloves and body suit.affraid

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:09 pm

I will clean it, if you let me use a panzer! Twisted EvilShockedExclamationaffraid
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Flamethrower might be more appropriate...
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by gargantaprofunda Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:55 pm

One day baby we'll be old, oh baby well be old...

gargantaprofunda

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! I WANNA BE YOUNG ALL MY LIFE !!!!
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Come on all, post a new subject !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm going to sleep. Do you have migrenes that don't let you sleep at night? Smile
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

i sleep like so littel that is scary Very Happy go to sleep like early in the morning or some time over the night then wake 4 laters up and it all starts over again Very Happy

Well new sub. going to the army Very Happy
i will be going to the army in about 5 months and will be there around 8-11 months or something like that Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Nice for you, but don't do stupid things. We want you to come back after to play with us Smile

We don't wanna loose our Noname officer Smile
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:51 pm

**migrenes** YES I DO. VISION GETS BLURRY, HEADACHE, AND MY BODY WANTS TO FALL DOWN . 2 ASPRINS 1 GALLON OF WATER. NO COFFEE OR TEA. 30 MIN, ITS GONE. OR WAIT 3 DAYS AND IT MIGHT SLOWLEY GO AWAY. ONLY WAY I CAN KEEP WORKING.(I COULD START THIS TO A POLOK JOKE BUT.....)

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Estonia has an Arny? Go figure. Don't get run down by a chariot! Good luck to you G.I.Joe Laughing
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 pm

I found a subject !
I wanna know what is the meaning of your in-game name ?

I wait your answers !
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 am

Well if you mean my name then its easy i have had couple names one was Haisev-Sokk(smelly-sock) that i used for fun but noname is because i had so many ideas but then it hit me why not use a name what has no meaning and its easy to remeber ;D
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next