FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Goldrush map

4 posters

Go down

Alternate Goldrush map Empty Alternate Goldrush map

Post by OneOldMan Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Lately, since the addition of the Molotov, the present goldrush map can be frustrating.  It can be balanced teams but once the doors of the bank are blown the game is practically over.  All is needed is 1 or 2 axis inside the bank tossing molotovs at the entrance and with the settings as they are it will be impossible for any allied to gain entrance.  With f/f off an axis can't even leave the bank, the flames just push him back.   I played one game where Nara was on axis and it was a good game until the molotovs began.  23 minutes and nobody was able to gain entrance.  Or even come near.  People on allied began to just settle on panzering bots coming out of the spawn rather than attempt the obj.  LT Dan even mentioned the game was basically over.  What if we went back to the previous version of goldrush where there were different points of access that would help allied find a way around the flames?  Or just even drop molotovs during this present version of the map.  What's the thinking on this?  I don't think there is any other map where the Molotov can basically end it.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Alternate Goldrush map Empty Re: Alternate Goldrush map

Post by Friedrich Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 am

Remember that I suggested to Obituary that the only weapon that should be limited was the molotovs, because it is the only weapon that can actually be used to shut down a map. 

Just find the choke point and throw em the entire map or get a few guys to throw them at the spawn exits and it is done.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 am

I agree the version of goldrush with Ledges would be nice. It makes it so there isnt 1 choke point into the bank. I watched my two teammates Moltov the doors for a very long time, and since there is no rule against it, there is no way to stop them. The issue is that with only 1 choke point there are a limited number of ways to end the wall of fire. It is possible to end it with some well placed panzers/poison and teamwork but the onslaught will continue very quickly if the allies are not able to grab the objective before the 5 second respawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 pm

We used to run this map instead of the original goldrush.

Unfortunately players started rushing it quite often so I switched back to regular goldrush.

The problem is that a covie in disguise and an engineer can just go directly to the bank while all the Axis are still guarding the tank at the first spawn. The covie lets the engineer in through the back door and he blows the walls and they rush the objectives. Also then the bots get confused because they have their own scripts that are triggered by in-game events.

If you or someone you love would like to write some mapscripts that would block the exploit, then it could be added back very easily.

Just block the objectives from being grabbed unless the bank door is blown by the tank, or maybe write something that prevents the allies from blowing the inner walls to get the objectives.

Or maybe add the ledges to a normal version of goldrush so you can enjoy the camping, without adding the back ways into the bank that get rushed.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 pm

One easy alternative solution would be to just disable players from choosing covert ops for this map only. It would then be re-enabled on the next map.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidd91 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 pm

What is the name of the version where the tank blows the bank doors from the top of the bridge? and the truck is on the other side?
Kidd91
Kidd91
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum