FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plenty of fish

+4
Valkyr
Yazoo
manic1965
obituary
8 posters

Go down

plenty of fish Empty plenty of fish

Post by obituary Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 pm

So I was trolling this dating site called pof (plenty of fish) and I found this charming woman (I think it's a woman...) so I decided to share her with everyone for the lolz...

plenty of fish Bijmyo
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

plenty of fish Empty Re: plenty of fish

Post by manic1965 Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:47 am

No No Question Question ......WTH.not sure either.lol
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by Yazoo Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:50 am

Holy cow.  There needs to be a fourth button option: "Gouge eyes out with a salad fork".  That would be my choice.  I'm sure she's a lovely person though...
Yazoo
Yazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyr Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 am

She is the girl your friends set you up with by saying she has a "Wonderful Personality" (that's french for Ugly)
Twisted Evil Mad Shocked No Exclamation Crying or Very sad Very Happy
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah it just pops up an endless stream of women and you can choose whether or not you want to meet them. Then they get the message that you are interested. So you can quickly cycle through 100s of local women in half an hour or so, then you're done.

It's very efficient, you don't have to waste time reading their actual profiles and hear about how much they want to find a tall, rich, handsome guy who isn't afraid of commitment and wants to help raise their four rainbow kids from three other men. So you just click Yes/Maybe/No and move right along.

Then every once in a while someone like this beauty queen (drag queen?) pop up and you react in shock and horror, omg wtf is that? Australopithicus? I'm sure she is perfect for someone though...
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:46 pm

lol he said DRAG QUEEN....watch out Beavis
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Boy I'm glad I just got a new monitor.  I don't think my last one would have handled that.  Aargh!! Shocked   Reminds me of some sort of fish.  Grouper?

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Dwarf Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 pm

At least, Drag Queen TRY to be beautiful ahah
The-Dwarf
The-Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 am

I've trolled POF myself. And I can tell you for a fact 98% are full of shit. They all want a perfect man. How? they can't be to perfect. They are after all on ehh POF.

Last edited by TwistedDesciple on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell correct)
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 pm

TwistedDesciple wrote:I've trolled POF myself. And I can tell you for a fact 98% are full of shit. They all want a perfect man. How? they can't be to perfect. They are after all on ehh POF.

Well every woman who gets on there gets 100s of emails from the guys, so they think they are incredible and every man wants them. The men spoil the women on these sites with massive amounts of attention they would never see in real life (unless they are a young hottie in real life).

So the women think "hmm I can have any guy I want" and they get super picky, and might write back to 1% of the guys who write them. And that guy turns out to be a liar who has written his profile so as to maximize his attractiveness. Guys will say anything online, because they are in competition to be in that 1% of men who actually get a reply. Guys figure they can at least start a conversation and then maybe later they can mention that they are A) still married B) don't actually have any money like they said they did C) 10 years older than the picture they put on their profile D) three inches shorter and 20 pounds heavier than their profile E) have multiple ex-wives and kids F) etc etc.

Then the women get cynical and stop replying to anybody, but they ignored the other 99% of the guys, half of whom would probably have been fine to date. But the women focus on the top 1% of men and ignore the other 500 emails in their inbox. So the guys get frustrated and give up and say "well this is a total waste of time I may as well go to the bar and pick up someone, or go to church and pretend I am religious long enough to get a girlfriend who isn't some kind of whore (half of women just want your money even though they would never consider themselves "whores", they want someone to help with the bills and fix their car and take them out to dinner), or guys decide they may as well get a real whore and at least they know what kind of situation they are in and the woman is actually being honest about what they really want, or (the most common outcome here...) the guy ends up giving up and staying alone because it's a lot less trouble than the other options.

And that's my opinion, your mileage may vary lol.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 am

Just be vigilante my friend. I've talked to a few, and met some too. Some are beyond twisted man. And they well hide it in any way they can.
 Unless you can meet a young woman (ehh over 18,but not much) who has never been married. Your gonna have to deal with baggage in some way. If she's been through a divorce, well we both know what kind of twisted shit that can happen in them. We all have a history of moments through the years that shaped us into who we are. A lot well only remember the worst moments. None of us want to go through again. It's self preservation.
 Online dating is risky. I believe we all know why. It all depends on what you a looking for.
 It may be that as we get older we have to consider what kind of twisted we can tolerate and live with. That goes for the women too. Cause if your seeking perfection your gonna be seeking for the rest of your life. Your not gonna find it.
 Beware whores go to church too. I met one 50 something woman who claimed to be a preacher. But was a guest preacher. Even showed me a license to preach.(Turn out to be a gag gift from a gift shop. WTF?) She turned out to be married, and the biggest lier I ever met. Yea I met her on POF. I learned she was a old whore afterwards from people who knew her when she was younger. Turns out whores grow old too.
 Luckily for you, your still young, and don't have to deal with that. Unless you like older women. Gotta say though, not all are whores, or so seriously twisted she'd be impossible to live with. Some I'm sure are sincere strait up and honest. Trick is weeding out the players. And that's hard to do texting. I mean there are men acting like women on there also. With a woman's pic on their profile.
 I'm like. "We should talk on the phone."  At least by the 3rd text. I wanna know for sure she's a woman, and her voice is a good start. I wasn't gonna waste my time with a player.
 Na you better off meeting someone face to face at school or work. Church is iffy. There are perhaps a few who are straight up in church.  POF is even more iffy. There was nothing good come of it for me.
 I wish you better luck then I had. Be vigilante my friend. It's a twisted world out there.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 pm

lol at "beware whores go to church too"... I'm laughing,  my ex met a man at her church and decided to ask for a divorce so she could be with him. I said sure, since I was tired of hearing about Jesus constantly anyway. If you don't believe in it then it's like arguing with someone over the Easter Bunny.

They were living together before the divorce was final. How Christian lol.

So sorry if I sound cynical up above, I've had a rough year and online dating doesn't help much, it just allows you to get rejected by 100s of women instead of one at a time like real life dating.

The whole thing is kind of funny if you look at it objectively. You can't take it personally because normal guys are a dime a dozen and get very limited replies. Any decent-looking woman who can fog a mirror can get 100s of messages within a day or two of making an account. Of course the guys are sending the exact same messages to 100 other women.

Just as a test I made a profile designed to see if I could get more responses. I wrote that I loved dogs, Jesus, ice cream, and watching LifeTime movies. I failed to mention that I was my true age or that I was divorced and had kids. Amazingly I got six unsolicited messages in my Inbox without sending out any messages. Of course this was not the real me, but a charade, so I didn't pursue any of the leads. But it totally validated what I was thinking. Guys who put up an artificial self have a significant advantage over someone who is "just being himself". The worst thing you can do in online dating is "just be yourself".

If you totally re-engineer your profile to make it appealing to the lowest common denominator of the female half of the species, you WILL get a lot more replies. It's obvious when you think about it.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:07 am

So sorry to hear how she done you. That's exactly why I don't go to church. To much twisted shit going on in them. That goes against everything they preach.
 For me the single most hurtful thing in my second divorce was not being able to be with my son. Then it was sleeping alone. That one you can get used to in time.
 I'll never try POF again or any other online dating site. I'd rather as you said get rejected by one at a time.
 BS does seem to work better then truth. Problem is you almost always get caught after you meet them. However they may choose to keep seeing you anyways.  
 All I know is that I have always seen how a lot of women love a dickhead more then a good kind nice guy.
 Now days I see that as a self image issue with the women who go for assholes. They have a low self image. Probably created from being with assholes.
 Yea the lowest common denominator may work better for some. But you should ask yourself if those are the kind of women you want to be with. I would imagine you would want a woman with a 3 digit IQ, and at least a mentality of a 18 year old. 
 By some surveys 1 in 5 are gonna have mental issues. Some well not be aware of it, others well try to hide it.
 Beware of women who like to get revenge. They can be very dangerous to your freedom. I found that out the hard way.
 Good hunting my friend. I hope you find what your looking for.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:42 am

TwistedDesciple wrote: Yea the lowest common denominator may work better for some. But you should ask yourself if those are the kind of women you want to be with. I would imagine you would want a woman with a 3 digit IQ, and at least a mentality of a 18 year old. 
 By some surveys 1 in 5 are gonna have mental issues. Some well not be aware of it, others well try to hide it.
 Beware of women who like to get revenge. They can be very dangerous to your freedom. I found that out the hard way.
 Good hunting my friend. I hope you find what your looking for.

Thanks!

Yeah I was trying to see the "setting" on a dating profile that brings in the maximum number of women on that "game server" (pof.com). Like configuring an ET server. And I discovered the trick is to keep everything you present to the audience as simple and entertaining as possible. No surprise there.

Of course that's not the "real me" at all, so what's the point lol. Hey look I found a bunch of women who like ice cream and Jesus, wow what a surprise. Finding someone you have a genuine, multi-layered compatibility with is extremely difficult. Especially if you are limited to one geographical area. And I can't move because my kids live here.

And you are right, I have seen similar information about the rampant mental illness in American women. One in five wow... And men aren't any better, there's lots of alcoholism, drugs, unemployment, depression, etc in men too. So many people are on anti-depressants and have hidden issues, and you won't find out about it until you have known them in real-life for a few months.

It's sad that we have this whole generation of unstable people out there. And American culture is being exported globally the way China exports cheap plastic toys to everyone. So this will be everywhere in a decade or two. Everyone copies us.

So sorry about your son Twisted, I know a bit about that situation from talking with you on Teamspeak. It's one of those things that will just never be OK no matter how much time passes. I make my kids a top priority so I don't end up with a lot of regrets later. Of course this makes a lot of things become a lesser priority.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

plenty of fish Empty no doubt ... people are messed up

Post by Hashshashin Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:57 am

No doubt there are plenty of messed up, broken, twisted (to steal a line) people out there.  That's what people are.  I would dare declare myself to be the model example of what a man or husband or father should be.  

And yes, there are plenty of messed up people at church.  At any restaurant I go to.  The guy in the car next to me.  The guy in my car (ahem, me).

I wouldn't, however, say that some or many men being liars and being really messed up doesn't characterizes men as a whole.  Nor would I say that messed up people being at church invalidates the church or what the church teaches (since it teaches what we're talking about ... that people are messed up).  And yes, people do say one thing, and live another way ... people are liars, and messed up, and broken and twisted.

I sure hate it to hear when others have tough marriage issues ... that's hard.  Sorry guys.  People are messed up.
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 pm

The church teaches we stop doing that twisted shit.  Most use it as a means to rid themselves of the guilt of doing it. Then go right back out and do it again. The only true harm we can not avoid doing is that as Jesus put it. We eat dead things. We kill to live. But that does not give us the right to abuse, betray, and hurt others. And many people leave church and go right back into abusing their families.
 Obit there's a reason that we have this whole generation of unstable people out there. And that is the war on drugs, Ehh the people that is. We have a quarter million people in prison that never harmed anyone. The Constitution specifically says that there has to be a victim to charge and prosecute anyone in this country. They destroyed millions of families in their war. Children growing up without one or both parents. All because they had to start dealing drugs because they could find jobs that paid well enough to provide for their families.
 One thing I bet they are gonna learn from the states that legalized weed. Is that there well be a drop in meth and crack users. Because the only place I ever seen any of that shit was when I was buying a sack from a dealer.
 The Government created the meth and crack epidemics when they made every pothead in America potentially unemployable because of mandatory drug testing. 
 Think about it. If most these people would have been able to get decent paying jobs. Do you think they would have put their families at risk to deal drugs? No. I've had many chances to deal them. But I value my freedom more then the money I could have made dealing.
 Thank you Obit. I remember us talking about my son. Thing is when you working at Hardee's for minimum wage you can't afford a lawyer to defend your rights in a divorce court, or any court for that matter.
  I meant that 1 in 5 people have mental illness in America. Sorry I worded it wrong.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum