FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a question?

3 posters

Go down

Just a question? Empty Just a question?

Post by Jessie Bae Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Why was Flightschool scrapped,  I liked playing on it?
Jessie Bae
Jessie Bae

Back to top Go down

Just a question? Empty Re: Just a question?

Post by obituary Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:10 am

Flight School became Asylum Beginner. If you liked Flight School try Asylum Beginner. Same settings mostly.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:55 pm

try the game tonight and had no lag so made my day and now im going stream it at sometime  for fun on twitch D:
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Yeah if anything Asylum should be more fun than the old Flight School server because we have better hardware and better ddos protection, so people wont lag or get "awaiting connection" as much as before.

Plus everyone gets flamethrowers as well as panzers as always. And there are 40 maps to pick from. And no admin abuse.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Yes had some weird lag before made the game unplayable and it was weird because can run most of the new games on ultra and streamt LoL and the stream was 60fps with no drop scenes and the game was 150-200 fps and then E.T lagged like hell for me
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Part of your lag on the old server was from ddos vulnerabilities within jaymod. As long as we were running jaymod on windows there was really no way to protect it from the endless ddos.

I had to break away from jaymod if I wanted some control over the server. Jaymod is very easy to hack and attack.

ET itself uses UDP which is very easy to ddos with free tools like HOIC etc. With the ease of use of these tools anyone you anger can attack you and it becomes a matter of updating your ddos filters constantly to block the packet spam. You end up more worried about ddos than what is actually going on in the game or in the community.

So I have really focused on making a better server at the network level instead of worrying about a lot of the in-game issues.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:06 am

yes ddos is a big issue at the moment with every littel kid doing it if they get angry or something
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah ddos was one of our biggest problems on the old beginner server. We got notices from nuclear fallout all the time that they were applying filters to our server to stop the attacks.

The ddos just kills the server no matter how much work you spend on setting up weapons or maps or mods or running a clan.

Nobody cares about clan stuff or what map is running if they can't play ET because of choppy lag.

I really wanted to invert my focus, to spend less time on dealing with people and drama, and to use my IT skills to make a more secure environment with smoother connections. I think its a better use of my abilities than dealing with clan stuff.

It doesn't matter how big your clan is if your server sucks.

Also all the bans and drama just motivate more angry people to google how to attack you. This is another benefit of severely limiting the rules and the number of people with admin.

I dont reveal the identities of our admins. There is no clan. And you know what, it actually works better.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down