FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accusing of hacking

+2
LtDan
[FL]Dr.Phlox
6 posters

Go down

Accusing of hacking Empty Accusing of hacking

Post by [FL]Dr.Phlox Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

On Asylum one player in particulair accuses me of using cheats and hacks.
Since I dont use any (why take away all the fun) the constant whining is annoying.

Since I dont hack I dared him to bring proof.

To the admins, is there a rule about false accusing players, like getting muted for a week?

Phlox.

[FL]Dr.Phlox

Back to top Go down

Accusing of hacking Empty Re: Accusing of hacking

Post by Hashshashin Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 am

[FL]Dr.Phlox wrote:On Asylum one player in particulair accuses me of using cheats and hacks.
Since I dont use any (why take away all the fun) the constant whining is annoying.

To the admins, is there a rule about false accusing players, like getting muted for a week?

Phlox.

I've never seen you cheat ... nor have I ever thought it. You play well, but no cheats. Some players are just annoying. DevilHunter for the use of wall-hacks. Oufti for the repeated requests every 3 seconds to join his group or go next map or the way he asks if you speak French or shoves players around ... every. three. seconds.  But what do you do? Unfortunately, and fortunately in some ways, the only rule is "no hacks" right?  Or at least that rule applies to bans? 

BY the way, did you see my other post? I asked you yesterday how DevilHunter kept seeing you when it seemed impossible. Mainly I was fishing for your response to see if you suspected the same thing ... anyway I was on spec recording at the same time  Cool

~Hash
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by [FL]Dr.Phlox Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:47 am

I noticed, it was suspicious for sure. He might have been in limbo speccing the other guy I killed on my way there and after spawning comming after me. Were you speccing me or him at the time?

[FL]Dr.Phlox

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashshashin Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:09 am

[FL]Dr.Phlox wrote:I noticed, it was suspicious for sure. He might have been in limbo speccing the other guy I killed on my way there and after spawning comming after me. Were you speccing me or him at the time?

I was spec'ing him for about 6 min. He respawned and went out the back door, saw you running through the mountain, tracked you, and when you came out behind the trees (invisible still) he started shooting at you and killed you. It's all captured quite clearly on the spec replay I attached at the link. I think maybe a case too of him not speaking English so well and not realizing that one rule, not sure.

~Hash
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by LtDan Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 am

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of aimbot and wall hack claims are just attempts to muddy the waters.
I think that people are often just trying to create a distraction.  I noticed years ago that kick, spec and other votes were used the same way.  Get the player(s) distracted with a vote so you can kill them.  That, and ask players questions that would require an extended response.  Things like "how do you bind a sound clip?".  I can't remember how many times I fell for that. 
lol!
LtDan
LtDan

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 pm

lt dan, i don't think i make accusations lightly, but lately i have noticed several players who were clearly doing something unethical, and a couple that i have no doubt about...even one who said he uses a few different profiles...and usually when i see these things happen, there are several other players who comment the same thing...so its just me...one of them claimed that obit "knew" he wasn't hacking, but almost everyone else on the server at that time knew he was....i'm not sure what to think about that....

trent5555

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:44 pm

i know i don't have the skills a lot you guys have or the knowledge about how all these other settings and hacks work...but i have been playing long enough i think to recognize cheating when i see it...i have spec'd a lot of players, good and bad, and though i may not know exactly how they are doing what they're doing, i can tell tell the difference between cheating and just really good players...

trent5555

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Boil Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 pm

[FL]Dr.Phlox wrote:On Asylum one player in particulair accuses me of using cheats and hacks.

Phlox.

There is one character in particular who is constantly accusing players of hacking, does got to be annoying at times.  The player I am thinking about is name Amsterdam something or other.  His problem is that he only has fair skills and is a pretty easy target to kill.  If he annoys me I just steal a uni, find a nice spot to hide and kill him as many times as possible with head shots, lol.
Lance Boil
Lance Boil

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:14 pm

it seems like there has to be a way of telling for sure when someone is cheating other than just watching them play...here lately it seems like there is at least one or two players, different players, doing some, lets say some amazing things, that most other players can't do...i have played with a lot of the regular players on funboy for a long time, and some of the players on funboy i have played with on other servers in the past before funboy...and i can tell the difference between standard settings and modified settings...and though there are a lot of really good honest players, way better than me, there also quite a few who use enhancements that i am told are not "illegal", but claim they are using standard settings...

trent5555

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:22 pm

i was playing last night and there was a guy on there that i am almost positive was using a wallhack, but none of the more experienced players said anything about it...so i thought maybe i was wrong till i spec'd him, and it was pretty clear he was, so i was really surprised no one said anything...i just sat back and watched...i did record it, but i really don't know how to access the recording or what to do with it...any suggestions? i usually just sit out when these kind play....i don't mind playing with really good players, but players who cheat just take all the fun out of it....

trent5555

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenios Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

trent5555 wrote:i was playing last night and there was a guy on there that i am almost positive was using a wallhack, but none of the more experienced players said anything about it...so i thought maybe i was wrong till i spec'd him, and it was pretty clear he was, so i was really surprised no one said anything...i just sat back and watched...i did record it, but i really don't know how to access the recording or what to do with it...any suggestions? i usually just sit out when these kind play....i don't mind playing with really good players, but players who cheat just take all the fun out of it....

You can find the recording in the following folder (atleast for me) C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\demos

Jaymod(!) demos that are in this directory can be viewed in the main menu under replays. Be sure that under mods, jaymod is selected.
Koenios
Koenios

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:46 pm

ok, thanks Koenioes, i'll try that...how would you post it so that anyone else would be able to see it?

trent5555

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenios Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 am

trent5555 wrote:ok, thanks Koenioes, i'll try that...how would you post it so that anyone else would be able to see it?

You'd have to upload it to a file sharing website. http://speedy.sh/ is the one we used during the [FBY] days. Just upload the record file on there, and share the link it will create on the forums.
Koenios
Koenios

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashshashin Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Koenios wrote:
trent5555 wrote:i was playing last night and there was a guy on there that i am almost positive was using a wallhack, but none of the more experienced players said anything about it...so i thought maybe i was wrong till i spec'd him, and it was pretty clear he was, so i was really surprised no one said anything...i just sat back and watched...i did record it, but i really don't know how to access the recording or what to do with it...any suggestions? i usually just sit out when these kind play....i don't mind playing with really good players, but players who cheat just take all the fun out of it....

You can find the recording in the following folder (atleast for me) C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\demos

Jaymod(!) demos that are in this directory can be viewed in the main menu under replays. Be sure that under mods, jaymod is selected.

I do believe you need to look in the Silent folder and not the Jaymod folder, since this is a Silent mod. Right?

And to view the demo, open up ET. On the menu to the left there will be a button that says "Mods." Click on that and select "Silent." (If you just came out of Asylum, it will be default on Silent. After selecting Silent, back on the main toolbar option select "Replays" and select the correct replay to demo.

To spot wallhacks, or maybe even aimbots, it's helpful to have this setting turned on:

/set r_shownormals 1

Just type that in at the command line and you'll see what it does.

And as Koenios said, grab the demo, upload it somewhere and share the download link on the forum.

~Hash
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenios Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Hashshashin wrote:
Koenios wrote:

I do believe you need to look in the Silent folder and not the Jaymod folder, since this is a Silent mod. Right?

And to view the demo, open up ET. On the menu to the left there will be a button that says "Mods." Click on that and select "Silent." (If you just came out of Asylum, it will be default on Silent. After selecting Silent, back on the main toolbar option select "Replays" and select the correct replay to demo.

To spot wallhacks, or maybe even aimbots, it's helpful to have this setting turned on:

/set r_shownormals 1

Just type that in at the command line and you'll see what it does.

And as Koenios said, grab the demo, upload it somewhere and share the download link on the forum.

~Hash

Oops, yes this is correct, Asylum runs silent mod not jaymod. This means that the demos are in the silent folder etc.
Koenios
Koenios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum