FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Panzers

4 posters

Go down

Return of the Panzers Empty Return of the Panzers

Post by obituary Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 am

Two days ago I removed the panzers from all players so it was only available to soldiers, after numerous complaints about the excessive panzers.

It seems the people who complained did not come back to play after I removed the panzers, but our panzer addicts are leaving. So we will have a perfectly balanced, respectable, spam-free and very empty server. I have the panzers there because they work - panzers bring in the players and without them we are just another empty ET server.

Within two days we have begun losing players. Tonight the server was empty enough that I could shut it down and clean up server logs, add the new server menu, and update a weapon file I have been working on. Usually the weekends are our busiest time. Two days ago we had 14 players. Tonight (Sunday) we had around four players on at any time.

I checked the splatterladder page and we are at #26. We were #24 yesterday.

So, I am immediately restoring the panzers to all players, with 20 shots like it was before.

If you don't like panzers, if you want even teams and strict rules, please play on the new server. That is why it is there.

The new weapon file I uploaded tonight switched the Browning Machine Gun from being a reskinned modified Thompson to a reskinned modified Sten, so it is far more accurate. The Thompson has been restored back to the Allies llike it was before.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Return of the Panzers Empty Re: Return of the Panzers

Post by Cupcake Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 am

I thought I liked the sten but then the sten turned out to be a thompson. Too many names to keep track of, but more weapons is always good.
Cupcake
Cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:19 pm

I think the panzer makes the game interesting and more fun and the server is FUNBOY Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prototype Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 am

As I mentioned priorly, the panzers make the gameplay imbalanced and sometimes down right annoying. For example if you have a spree of 50 kills and someone just shoots a panzer rocket though a window and ends your spree. I do however understand the good bits of it, players joining the server and rank in splatter ladder rapitly increasing.

It has it's pros and cons definetly, but players who arent used to playing with panzers such as me find that there is just too much. The panzer rockets flying everywhere, shooting one every second whats the problem of getting kills? Thats right, there isnt much work involved just holding 3 and click click click away. Very Happy Regardless, it's a fun server so I suppose it's justified.

Just threw in my two cents, peace.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down