FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapon selections

5 posters

Go down

Weapon selections Empty Weapon selections

Post by Beastborg Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Hiya. One of the many things that I like about our server is that we have tons of weapons and ammo available for use. However, I do have a few thoughts on the already-generous weapon selection for FBY servers. With arty, mortars, and potentially molotovs being removed from FBY, what do you guys think about adding a few weapons into the mix?

Specifically, I'd love to see the K43 added to the Allied Engineer troops. I know the Garand is supposed to be equivalent to its Axis counterpart, but I can almost swear that there are differences. For instance, I suspect the K43 is more accurate than the Garand, while the Garand may be slightly more powerful. Is it possible to add the K43 to the Allied weapon selection?

Also, I recall someone (I think it was MadCow) remarking on a pretty nifty panzer modification that he once saw in a server. The modification allowed for guided panzers, with a mini-screen that popped up and allowed the shooter to more-or-less steer the weapon to its intended target. Is it possible to add this to FBY?

This is my two cents for now. Feel free to chime in with weapon ideas of your own.

Thanks,
Beast/Beastborg
(my server name has spelling issues, so Beast in the game = Beastborg on the forum).
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Weapon selections Empty Re: Weapon selections

Post by Kernel265 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 pm

NoQuarter has the guided panzers and mini screen for panzers and mortars.

Can be activated by admins during gameplay.

I ran it on our servers on occasion as a treat and people loved it.

You can get pretty good at guiding those suckers down corridors and into rooms of people hiding.

It was really fun on that low gravity outerspace map that was an unreal tounament copy. 
Can't remember that that map was called.
Kernel265
Kernel265

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 pm

K43 and garand are pretty much the same code with a different name for engineers. For covert ops they look the same but have different damage and accuracy settings.

It is certainly possible to add the k43 to the allied engineers, but they have almost the same settings anyway.

Only the Beginner server has been nerfed. The others still have all the super-heavy weapons.

No Quarter has the guided panzers.

Jaymod is easy to modify in some ways but difficult to add large chunks of code (like guided panzers) since we don't have access to the jaymod source code. We can go in and modify certain values to make the weapons shoot differently, but not add big chunks of code. It would be nice if Jaybird released his source code lol.

You can always download the Wolf ET source code (it's available to the public) and then get the ET pub source code (also available) and make your own mods if you have a working knowledge of the C++ programming language. Lots of people make their own mods.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastborg Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks for the tips, guys. I do know C++ and may play around with the mods a bit. I noticed that I cannot activate the mini-panzer screens on No Quarter. Do my permissions need to be modified?

Obi, if you can add the k43 to Allied engineers, please do. The Garand jams on me all the time. In fact, I think it is the primary reason my Allied team suffered ignominious defeat in Snatch the other day. Now then, feel free to callously leave me stuck with the grubby Garand, but I ask you, do you really want that on your conscience?

Beast
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 am

Beast, the guided panzers are available to everyone from the start, all you have to do is choose "soldier" class and you can choose bazooka (allies) or panzerfaust (axis). You can guide it with your mouse.

I set this to be guided since the server started, because it was popular on its predecessor, Funboy Deathmatch.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 am

LOL @ Beast
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Weapon selections Empty feedback

Post by Beastborg Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks Kernel and Butterfly. I tried the guided panzers on No Quarter and they're a blast - whoops, no pun intended. 

Ok, so my request for at least a semi-functional Allied engie weapon has been flatly denied. I and all of my fellow Allied engineers will man up and somehow cope with hardship. I just really think I would be more accurate if my favorite engie rifle had the pointy Axis grenade on the end, not the spherical Allied grenade that blocks half my screen, but it is what it is.

Forever alone,
Beast Sad
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

lol I did not flatly deny anything... what you are asking for requires removing the standard weapon assigned to the allies in the game and replacing it with the axis weapon. I could do this with enhanced mod easily. But they will then have an extra weapon in slot 3 if they wanted a different gun like the shotgun or the thompson. So it would be creating a different problem because engineers who did not want to use the k43 would have it always assigned to them.

So if they shoot the panzer and hit 3 again to get back to the panzer they end up with the other guns instead. It would disrupt the normal way we use the panzer when you add an extra weapon to slot 3.

I thought of a work-around for this problem - I can use a "remove entity" statement that checks for the selection of the M97 or the thompson on top of the initial "remove entity" statement to remove the M1 garand and the "add entity" statement to give engineers the k43. So it gets convoluted and I am not in a hurry to spend time on it right now.

I downloaded about 50 ET maps last night and tested about 20 of them on my test server to find some that were worth putting on our public servers. This is to reduce the boredom with our current maps that many people complain about.

Also we are working on the new voice pack file. We have been doing lots of editing of music files and voice files and even testing some new cvar ideas.

Also I have a full-time job and a family and a house and summer activities to enjoy.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Weapon selections Empty thoughts

Post by Beastborg Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Lol, I'd originally thought that switching the Engie weapons would take around 30 seconds of work, but now that you mention the effort required, I agree that it is best to focus on other priorities. Thanks!

I, too, work hard to help make FBY servers a great and fun place for Wolf ET enthusiasts. Just typing this post almost has me breaking into a sweat - one sec, gotta go hydrate.

Thanks for adding the new maps as well - very fun. Especially like the vertical space in the church/cathedral map, with lots of room for climbing. Nice change of pace.

Beast
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum