FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holding obj./Balanced teams.

+3
Beastborg
Selene
OneOldMan
7 posters

Go down

Cut Minas to 30 minutes?

Holding obj./Balanced teams. I_vote_lcap42%Holding obj./Balanced teams. I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Holding obj./Balanced teams. I_vote_lcap58%Holding obj./Balanced teams. I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Holding obj./Balanced teams. Empty Holding obj./Balanced teams.

Post by OneOldMan Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 pm

I have no problem playing on an outnumbered team but, come on, 7 on 1 is a bit excessive.  When the larger numbered team has 3 FBY members and 4 other players I would think that the one lone individual would get some help.  'Nuf on that.  My biggest problem is when the obj. on Minas is grabbed with 45 minutes left and the individual with the obj. starts playing panzer wars with other teammates dragging the game out for that 45 minutes leaving those of us who want to get on to the next map unable to do anything but just wait.  I was the lone allied human which was no problem but I did not want to go through 45 minutes of "Panzer the allied spawn" so I went spec and watched as everyone just wanted to panzer bots.  Others went to spec afterwards and just watched the panzer fest.   Meanwhile "Goomba" is running around with the obj. playing panzer with an admin.  for the entire game.  I was an allied or I would have told him to deliver the thing and end the game and if he didn't I would have splatted him.  This is the kind of play that I think causes some to not play certain maps and just leave or go spec.  I know some just want to panzer bots to just kill time or run up their totals but some of us want to play.  I feel that an opposing team admin should not have to say or do anything but when there are 3 admins on axis one of them should step up.  Is there any possible way to limit the time of the game?  An hour is a bit long.  Or even limit the time one has the obj to at least 5 minutes?

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Holding obj./Balanced teams. Empty Re: Holding obj./Balanced teams.

Post by Selene Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 am

Minas Tirith used to last 30 minutes instead of an hour, when it was in the lineup in the past.

What are the opinions? Should we cut it back to 30 minutes?

I added a poll.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastborg Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 am

I've run into OneOldMan's situation as well. Not a whole lot of fun.

OldMan, one idea would have been for you to private message the three admins on Axis, let them know what you were thinking, and ask them to help you out. This way, some of them could join your team, or splat Goomba, without involving any other players. K.O.D uses the private messaging thing: it's simple, direct, and usually results in his fellow admins evening out the teams.

I love the Minas map and would be sorry to see it shrunk to 30 minutes. I like going Medic and panzer-hunting among the spires. And with as many humans as we have on Beginner these days, a 30 minute Minas map essentially dooms the Axis to failure every single time. Minas is already a defensive, pro-Allies map, and it's really easy to defend when you have 6 or so Allied humans.
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 pm

I asked players on the server how would they like it if this map got cut to 30 minutes. The answers were mostly "NO".
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

At the beginning of the map I did mention the lack of support on the axis side but no response.   Not via PM like I should have.  They were allied on the previous map but switched over.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastborg Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:46 pm

PM's work pretty well. I pm'd several times today, asking our more mature regulars for help in 8-3 situations. "Please come to Axis/Allies" hasn't failed me yet.
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh well, live and learn just live and learn.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:20 am

YES BEAST GOT ME TO MOVE AND I NEEVVVEEEERRRRR PLAY ALLIAS ON THAT MAP.GOOMBA DID SAME TO US ALL DAY WITH OBJ. LOTS OF TIMES WE COME TO THE END AND HE CANT GET IT THERE AND WE LOOSE : { AND I WANT TO KICK HIM.OH WELL, OLD MAN IS CORRECT. SHORTER BY 15 MIN AS A TEST ??

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by gargantaprofunda Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:04 am

STEALTHBOB wrote:YES BEAST GOT ME TO MOVE AND I NEEVVVEEEERRRRR PLAY ALLIAS ON THAT MAP.GOOMBA DID SAME TO US ALL DAY WITH OBJ. LOTS OF TIMES WE COME TO THE END AND HE CANT GET IT THERE AND WE LOOSE : { AND I WANT TO KICK HIM.OH WELL, OLD MAN IS CORRECT. SHORTER BY 15 MIN AS A TEST ??
I mean, today you just did the same. Take the obj and panzered a few teammates, several times...

Minas is a good map when there's good and more important fair players. Almost never is the case, sigh.

gargantaprofunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 pm

I haven't voted yet.. how about 40 vice 60 or 30?
Sneaky Bastard
Sneaky Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 pm

A little birdy told me that changing stuff when things are going well is like STUPID.

OK, on a serious note it is probably a good idea to chill and let the sever play as is unless a problem occurs where we Beginner starts losing players.

Past history shows that changes that get away from the "chaos" settings and force players to do what part of FBY thinks best are often followed by a loss of players.

This is just my view but past experience supports that view.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

But changes can also improve.  Tonight again Goomba ran around with the obj. playing tk the teammate.  Axis was 6 on 2 allied.  I mentioned if someone might go to allied but no response.  I came on with about 43 minutes left in the game.  With about 15 minutes left I mentioned to go ahead and end the game so we could move on to the next map.  Only reply was Goomba asking for a vote to end it.  Sealthbob suggested it finally end and Goomba finally ended it and I got a TY from Stealthbob.  Some are here to play a good game and some just want to horse around.  If the time limit was a little shorter then maybe teams would be more serious about trying to win it instead of trying to get the "no friends" award.  Sometimes I think the Minas server should be here and not the Arson.  That way people can play panzerfest and tk all day long.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 am

I feel your frustration OldMan.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:59 am

The majority of players gave me a strong opposive "NO" when I asked them if we should cut this map's time limit. So I'm not eager to cut it down now.

It's the best way to collect the opinions - when the server is full. Not every player is registered on the forum, so they don't even know about some poll.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:27 pm

THANK YOU FOR SHAVING 15 MIN OFF OF IT

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum