FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players being kicked

+2
obituary
Friedrich
6 posters

Go down

Players being kicked Empty Players being kicked

Post by Friedrich Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Just to let everyone know, I was on today and witnessed players having to constantly reconnect between maps and a couple of guys presumably kicked by PB and unable to reconnect. These guys were playing when I got on so they were kicked after playing awhile. PB kicked me when I first got on also but I restarted ET and had no ploblem after that.
I suggested that players having problems sign up to the forums so they could get help with any ongoing issues. Sadly, the guys that I wanted to see the comment were the guys having problems reconnecting so I do not believe they saw my suggestion.
Maybe we need a technical topic to include easy fixes like restarting ET, making sure PB is updated, the hunkmegs are set high enough, etc, along with any other technical stuff tard thinks might help.
I will try to ask players to sign up for the forums periodically when I am playing or watching. What do you guys think?
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Players being kicked Empty Re: Players being kicked

Post by obituary Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I wish we could just turn PB off and not get flooded with botters. We get enough botters already with PB on.

I will reboot the server tonight and that should help.

I am going to add some new commands to the server so admins can turn PB on and off on their own. It may not start or shut off until the next map but it will give you guys more control.

Edit: PB was not on. I had turned it off a couple days ago. There were 7 players on so it seems OK now.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkiej42 Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I was on the server and one of the guys named Practicing was trowing with words like cancer and stuff and he was bothering his team mates now i could kick him so maybe someone of you can keep an eye on him when he's online

Xx
Nikki
nikkiej42
nikkiej42

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkiej42 Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm

and he's aiming his name now is degeheimedeur but he keep changing his name

xx
nikkiej42
nikkiej42

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 pm

thx for the info i will keep eyes open and kick him or ban him if needed
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkiej42 Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm

But how (A) i tried /kick player but it didn't work and i tried a callvote

xx
nikkiej42
nikkiej42

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkiej42 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:46 am

unnamed soldier is aiming but i can't kick him
nikkiej42
nikkiej42

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:03 pm

tard wrote:I wish we could just turn PB off and not get flooded with botters. We get enough botters already with PB on.

I will reboot the server tonight and that should help.

I am going to add some new commands to the server so admins can turn PB on and off on their own. It may not start or shut off until the next map but it will give you guys more control.

Edit: PB was not on. I had turned it off a couple days ago. There were 7 players on so it seems OK now.

You i think there's a setting in enh that will kick people without an pb guid regardless of if pb is running on the server. If you are getting hackers, then most of them are too chickenshit to have a pb guid so it might help.
I saw it happen on my server a few times.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:05 pm

nikkiej42 wrote:But how (A) i tried /kick player but it didn't work and i tried a callvote

xx
!kick wont work without a guid, rcon kick will but the name has to be exact, that means all colorcodes as well.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 pm

nikkiej42 wrote:and he's aiming his name now is degeheimedeur but he keep changing his name

xx
He's prolly got a script in his cfg that lets him change names as easy as changing weapons. I found one myself yesterday.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Since no other admins responded I will.

!kick should work fine using the first 3 letters of the players name unless two players begin with the same letters. You do not have to use playerID to kick. You also can kick by slot number.

If it is one of the quick change guys that also mess up the console, the server will likely restart for next map unless tard changed it.

The guys seem to be just doing it to show us they can. They don't usually come back after server reset. Also myself and eclipse should be able to reset the server if we are around. Friedrich.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:09 am

hmm. What Im saying from my experience !kick WILL NOT work without a etkey being present. That is most likely why it didnt work.
Kicking by slot will not work without said etkey either, rcon kick will, but it has to exact with all colorcodes.
This likely doesnt mean much to someone without rcon access though.
In either case, I know for a fact that enh can be set to kick automatically when no guid is present.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:05 am

booger wrote:hmm. What Im saying from my experience !kick WILL NOT work without a etkey being present. That is most likely why it didnt work.
Kicking by slot will not work without said etkey either, rcon kick will, but it has to exact with all colorcodes.
In either case, I know for a fact that enh can be set to kick automatically when no guid is present.

Let me clarify the situation:

1) Commands cannot be executed by players unless they are set to a player level that allows for the use of a particular command. (To see what commands, if any, you can use type !help in console)
2) Currently no player below level 3 administrator(clan member) should be able to execute the !kick command on the server (booger the current admin system is explained in the clan section)
3) I don't doubt your experience and am glad that you took time to provide input. There should have been an ET Key because I believe that the server was set to deny access without ET Key, like you suggested(tard would know better than me). I have tried before to connect without an ET Key in ET main and was denied. Of course what you said is correct, and he may not have had an ET Key, but I do not believe that nikki can access the kick command at her current player level anyway, so she could not have kicked even if there was an ET Key.

The bottom line is that if a problem player needs to be kicked tell an admin. If admin has problems he/she can consult a high level admin namely myself or eclipse.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 am

If im online and i see are reason for a kick then i will kick him but you need to tell me and then i will see what i will to
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Friedrich wrote:
booger wrote:hmm. What Im saying from my experience !kick WILL NOT work without a etkey being present. That is most likely why it didnt work.

Let me clarify the situation:

1) Commands cannot be executed by players unless they are set to a player level that allows for the use of a particular command. (To see what commands, if any, you can use type !help in console)
2) Currently no player below level 3 administrator(clan member) should be able to execute the !kick command on the server (booger the current admin system is explained in the clan section)
3) I don't doubt your experience and am glad that you took time to provide input. There should have been an ET Key because I believe that the server was set to deny access without ET Key, like you suggested(tard would know better than me). I have tried before to connect without an ET Key in ET main and was denied. Of course what you said is correct, and he may not have had an ET Key, but I do not believe that nikki can access the kick command at her current player level anyway, so she could not have kicked even if there was an ET Key.

The bottom line is that if a problem player needs to be kicked tell an admin. If admin has problems he/she can consult a high level admin namely myself or eclipse.

Right right.
Just doing my part.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down