FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner is down

2 posters

Go down

Beginner is down Empty Beginner is down

Post by Twisted Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm

The Beginner server is down.
It was stuck on caen and nextmap did not work.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Beginner is down Empty Re: Beginner is down

Post by obituary Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm

I changed the maps out today and missed a name on one of the configs.

I removed a bunch of maps that I think cause lag (baserace desert, mlb_temple) for good. I also took out Minas as mentioned in another post. Minas has a jaymod-induced bug that makes both teams spawn at the same spawn at the end of the game.

We spent some time trying to fix Minas, but did not get far. It is easier to take it out and just run it on silent mod, where it runs bug-free.

The maps running now are all selected for the least amount of lag.

I also took out the shotgun for less lag. I have long suspected that when a bunch of players are using the shotgun at the same time, the server gets very choppy.

I will set it so that there is one shotgun available per team it doesn't lag. And then add a script to the omnibots that prevents them from using the shotgun so it is not always taken by the omnibots when someone wants it. One shotgun per team should be ok.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I added the shotgun back for now. I want to check the lag with and without it to get some idea of how many we can handle.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:43 pm

I watched as the server went from 12 players to 3 players in one map after I added the shotgun. Half of the players started using the shotgun and the other half left since they could not get any kills. And the map started getting choppy, so the shotgun players started drifting away too. This was on supply_desert, which is an average map as far as lag goes.

The server was full of white tag guys too, but when I left it was just three regulars, all experts with the shotgun. Just shotgun players and omnibots.

With all the laggy maps removed it should run better now, but we will still get some choppy lag when half the players are using the shotgun.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum