FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVER LONESTARS HOUSE COOL

4 posters

Go down

OVER LONESTARS HOUSE COOL Empty OVER LONESTARS HOUSE COOL

Post by STEALTHBOB Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 am

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

OVER LONESTARS HOUSE COOL Empty Re: OVER LONESTARS HOUSE COOL

Post by LoneStar Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Wow. Im kinda glad I didnt see that one. We do have some bad weather. Tyler Texas is in the famed "Tornado Alley". We have been lucky so far. I listen to one go over our house. They said it was down draft but it split a liveoak tree in the front yard. Split it down the center all the ways to the roots.
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 pm

HAD 1 DO THAT OVER MY HOUSE 2 STORY. WOKE UP TO DEAD SILENCE. SAW THE BLUE OF TRANSFORMERS BLOWING UP REFLECTING IN MY WINDOW. GRABED 1 DOG WENT UNDERSTAIR ROOM, HELD DOOR SHUT, AT THAT SAME MOMENT, IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE PULLED ON THE DOOR , THEN I HEARD THIS KNOCKING SOUND LIKE GOD KNOCKING ON THE ROOF ALL THE WAY DOWN THE PEAK. 15 SECONDS OR SO THEN THE ROAR OF WIND SOUND TLIKE A MUFFELED TRAIN. I KNEW IT WAS OVER AND WENT TO MY BACK SLIDING GLASS DOOR AND WATCHED THIS TORNADO BLOW THRU THE BACK PART OF THE HOUSES BEHIND MINE.COULD SEE THE OUTLINE IN THE BLUE LIGHT OF TRANSFORMERS BLOWING UP. ONLY DMG WAS THAT HALF OF A TREE ON MY HOUSE. IT WAS BLOWN DOWN MY PEAK TILL IT HIT ALL THE CLEAN OUT PIPES AND GAS VENT PIPES. GOT SOME COOL PICS FROM IT. SCARED THE H3LL OUTTA ME AND THE DOGS. THAT WAS THE CLOSEST ONE . WE CHASE THEM AROUND HERE IN THE HEART OF TORNADO ALLY. LOL DAM OKIES

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Wow. Too close for me. Sounds like it just jumped over your house. Yes, I just cant see myself chasing a tornado. affraid
LoneStar
LoneStar

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 pm

As a kid I used to visit family in OK. Everyone of them had a underground concrete storm shelter in the back yard just for the occasional twister. Yay Wilberton, OK.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 pm

We had one hit here last week. I was walking out to my car when it came through. It sounded like a train. They always say it sounds like a train but you don't know the sound until you hear it for real. It came down about a mile away from where I work.

They announced a tornado watch at work and I was just about to go home and I did not want to get stuck at work for two hours in the basement so I left work anyway. Usually nothing happens and we just get forced to go down to the basement by Security when they have a tornado watch anywhere in the county. The basement is hot and dirty and boring and I was ready to go home and eat dinner not sit in the fkn basement. Guess I should have listened lol.

Anyway yes they are very scary. Just walking to my car it was so windy I was getting pushed over by the wind.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

Wilberton ???? MY GRANDPARENTS WERE IN HAILLYVILLE, OK. ABOUT 30 MI FROM THERE.COAL MINERS,GREAT GRANDPA MOVED THERE IN 1895. TOO COOL, IN THE FALL THERE WAS BARLEY ROOM TO GO INTO THE STORM ROOM CUZ THAT WAS ALL THE CANNED FOOD FOR THE SEASON. WE GO ON BOY SCOUT TRIPS TO Wilberton.ROBBERS CAVE STATE PARK, AND TEACH ROCK CLIMBING. AND THE OUTLAW HIDE OUT. COOL 14 MI HIKE I CAN STILL MAKE AS AND OLD MAN MYSELF.

http://www.google.com/images?q=ROBBERS+CAVE&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&gbv=1&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=33BtUb6NMcaU2AWJt4G4Ag&ved=0CC0QsAQ

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I went back in 1980 when I was in the Navy to visit my great uncle. Myself and my wife to him out to dinner. Not much there. We did find a fried chicken place that was new to the area. He was just amazed that you could buy real fried chicken rather than make it. A real culture shock for him. They moved there back in 1901. Wilburton, Krebs, and McAlester is full of my families Italian relatives.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

IN PRE HISTORY...... THE HILLS IN DOW GOING EAST FROM MCALESTER, WERE TALLER THAN THE ROCKY MTNS. NOW IN TODAYS TIME ARE HILLS. WE GO THERE AND GET PLANT AND TREE FOSSELS. MY SON TOOK SOME TO SHOW AND TELL IN SCHOOL. ALL THAT AREA YOU DESCRIBED, MY GRANDFATHERS MINED. 1930 MY FATHER WAS BORN ON THE POCANHONTAS #2 COAL MINE EMP. HOUSING. IN THE LATE 1980,S WE ALL WENT TO MY GRANDPARENTS 60TH ANNIVERSARY . AND MY DADS OLDEST BROTHER TOOK MY DAD TO THE SPOT WHERE THE HOUSE WAS THAT HE WAS BORN IN . AND MY FATHER PICKED UP A ROCK FROM THE CORNER OF WHERE THE HOUSE WOULD HAVE BEN AND SAID . THIS IS WHERE I WAS BORN. TOO COOL STORY.

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Stealth, if you ever have a chance check out google and you will find Stambeck road. That was named after my mother's family who had a farm off that road. I remember seeing the house she was born in when I was only 9 or 10, a two room shack, then seeing it again 20 years later, just a pile of rotted wood. My granddad used to be the barber at the state prison nearby.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm

IN WILBERTON ?

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Yup. I just looked at Stambeck road on Google Earth. I could see where the farm used to be and my mothers shack was. All gone now. I remember as a kid riding in the rumble seat of the 28 Model "A" up and down that road. Was dirt then and looks to still dirt now. The property is being leased out now by some of my cousins for local farms and their cattle. My granddad cut the inmates hair at the Oklahoma State Penn in McAlester.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by STEALTHBOB Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

GOT A PAIR OF WIRE MODEL A WHEELS ON A BOAT TRAILER FROM GRANDPA MIGHT HAVE BEN THE ONES YOU RODE ON LOL. PUT ON THE TRAILER IN 1942 I THINK TIRES STILL HAVE AIR IN THEM LOL. ITS IN TEMPLE TX NOW.

STEALTHBOB
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down