FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Baserace

5 posters

Go down

Desert Baserace Empty Desert Baserace

Post by Crusher Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I think we should only have knives, canisters (poison/aircraft support), and adrenaline for the baserace. It would be more of a "race" rather than a panzer fest. It would also be more interesting to see how people defend...idk just something to think about.
Crusher
Crusher

Back to top Go down

Desert Baserace Empty Re: Desert Baserace

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:45 pm

um...... okay lol. I don't know what to say about that but do know where your trying to go on this. Basically what you want is no heavy weapons on base race. Am i wrong??? clown
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusher Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Ha, "Destroyer" what I'm trying to say is that we should have no guns at all on baserace, not just heavy...
Crusher
Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:04 pm

lol! Yeah that would be so weird hahaha. Might be fun though. Wink. would be hard trying to kill someone maybe throw a pistol in there lol
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Crusher wrote:I think we should only have knives, canisters (poison/aircraft support), and adrenaline for the baserace. It would be more of a "race" rather than a panzer fest. It would also be more interesting to see how people defend...idk just something to think about.

Players would not like it very much. Our players love their panzers.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:13 pm

tard wrote:
Crusher wrote:I think we should only have knives, canisters (poison/aircraft support), and adrenaline for the baserace. It would be more of a "race" rather than a panzer fest. It would also be more interesting to see how people defend...idk just something to think about.

Yeah that is a good point that would be a fun level with super speed like Crysis know what i mean lol.
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusher Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 pm

tard wrote:

I realize as much as anyone how much the players like panzers, so just have a reminder before the level that this is the only level without unlimited panzer sh**...[u]
Crusher
Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm

hahahaha i have a feeling this is going to be over 2 pages hehe. Wink
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 pm

less panzer spam would be good but if you take them away completely nubs will get mad Rolling Eyes
Bane
Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Bane wrote:less panzer spam would be good but if you take them away completely nubs will get mad Rolling Eyes

exactly well put Bane Wink. personally i do not like base race. but a lot of other people do and they love the panzers. i have played on many servers out there and a lot of the servers do not have the panzer mod so new players and a lot of other people will love the panzers.
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusher Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 pm

I was not big on baserace originally and that was mainly because of the panzer spam, but when the gravity changed it was a little bit more manageable. I think the gravity should be at around 360 and we should get rid of the guns, but only for that level...
Crusher
Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

I know what your saying but the final decision is with Tard send him a PM or something. But i do not think he will do what your suggesting maybe if you said something like pistols and knifes. dunno.
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 am

you wanna baserace map what is a knifewar map right its boring wgen everybody panzer but its been so for so longh that people really dont now any other way to play cyclops cyclops
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 am

Nonname wrote:you wanna baserace map what is a knifewar map right its boring wgen everybody panzer but its been so for so longh that people really dont now any other way to play cyclops cyclops

YES
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 am

Crusher wrote:I was not big on baserace originally and that was mainly because of the panzer spam, but when the gravity changed it was a little bit more manageable. I think the gravity should be at around 360 and we should get rid of the guns, but only for that level...

The gravity is at 200 right now. Default ET is at 800. We use 420 on most maps.

The 200 gravity nerfs the panzers, because it is very hard to shoot someone in mid-air. The panzer rocket flies right past them in the air most of the time. Half the players are floating around at 200 gravity. They hang in the air for a while when they jump.

The bots don't jump, so they stay on the ground and make easy targets, while the humans are jumping and staying safe. So the beginners still have some easy targets. And experienced players aim for the guy jumping around because they know that is a human player, not a bot.

If they are on the ground, you don't have to aim at all, just hit the ground next to them. You can jump up and fire downwards at the enemy and hit anywhere near them.

So with 420 gravity it is easier to jump up a bit and get that easy panzer kill, but if you lower the gravity even more then more players spend more time in the air and are harder to hit.

So 50% gravity makes panzers more effective, but 25% gravity makes them less effective.

At 200 gravity (25% of normal), people realize they can't hit anyone with the panzer. So they start to switch to the M16. It's very easy to aim at someone floating in the air with the M16, but hard with the panzer. So it is a sneaky way to get people to use less panzers, without removing the panzers.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Destroyer Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 am

tard wrote:
Crusher wrote:I was not big on baserace originally and that was mainly because of the panzer spam, but when the gravity changed it was a little bit more manageable. I think the gravity should be at around 360 and we should get rid of the guns, but only for that level...

The gravity is at 200 right now. Default ET is at 800. We use 420 on most maps.

The 200 gravity nerfs the panzers, because it is very hard to shoot someone in mid-air. The panzer rocket flies right past them in the air most of the time. Half the players are floating around at 200 gravity. They hang in the air for a while when they jump.

The bots don't jump, so they stay on the ground and make easy targets, while the humans are jumping and staying safe. So the beginners still have some easy targets. And experienced players aim for the guy jumping around because they know that is a human player, not a bot.

If they are on the ground, you don't have to aim at all, just hit the ground next to them. You can jump up and fire downwards at the enemy and hit anywhere near them.

So with 420 gravity it is easier to jump up a bit and get that easy panzer kill, but if you lower the gravity even more then more players spend more time in the air and are harder to hit.

So 50% gravity makes panzers more effective, but 25% gravity makes them less effective.

At 200 gravity (25% of normal), people realize they can't hit anyone with the panzer. So they start to switch to the M16. It's very easy to aim at someone floating in the air with the M16, but hard with the panzer. So it is a sneaky way to get people to use less panzers, without removing the panzers.

The only level I like with that low of gravity is Minas a huge map that needs low gravity makes it more fun. like you said Tard it is really hard to hit people flying that fast through the air. the thing people will like about that low of grav on base race is that you can jump across the map in two jumps. lol! which would finish the level really fast

Sorry Crusher i think no weapons on base race would be boring Rolling Eyes
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum