FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacare Kicking in October 1st

5 posters

Go down

Obamacare Kicking in October 1st Empty Obamacare Kicking in October 1st

Post by obituary Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am

So the US Federal government has this new program you may have heard of to provide everyone with the option to participate in a government health care plan. It's supposed to reduce costs somehow. I do like that the insurance companies can no longer cancel your policy if you have a pre-existing condition, so that's one good thing about it.

Anyway, it's going into effect October 1st, but... you know, well... they sort of haven't really set anything up, or decided what the new coverage will actually cost.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-09-16/details-elusive-as-mo-dot-awaits-health-care-overhaul

I like the line "She called the lack of information on program costs "a big glitch" that further hinders the ability to explain the complex effort to average folks."
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Kicking in October 1st Empty Re: Obamacare Kicking in October 1st

Post by Valkyr Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm

This is biggest mass-hosing in the history of mankind! Stand by to be buggered with a red-hot poker, and then be charged for it!
Valkyr
Valkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Well a lot of other countries have national healthcare plans and they aren't collapsing, of course I have faith in our politicians to mess it up as badly as humanly possibly while doubling the costs from the current cost of just having private insurance.

My family's health insurance costs as much as a house payment, and we aren't even sick. If I was single I would not purchase health insurance, it would be better to keep the money and if something terrible happens to you then you go bankrupt. Your credit would recover in a few years after bankruptcy anyway, and health insurance would cost more over the long run than the damage to your credit would inconvenience you.

There is no way I can save for retirement while throwing so much money away every month on health insurance just in case someone in my family gets sick.

My company does not pay for health insurance for its employees. They provide a plan you can pay for out of your own money, but I actually have a better plan just buying it myself as an independent consumer. I am lucky enough to earn enough to be able to afford the insurance in case someone gets sick.

People always get sick especially if you have kids. And if you have a pre-existing condition without coverage, you will not get adequate treatment so you could die for lack of care.

Government healthcare will lead to us either printing more electronic money to cover the bills, or rationing care (which happens anyway with private insurance so why bother getting the government involved).

There simply isn't enough money to pay for healthcare no matter who gets stuck with the bill. Health care costs too much now.

If we use the power of the printing press to cover the costs then we will just devalue the US dollar until we are a bunch of third-world peasants making barely enough money to feed ourselves. Maybe that is the plan. Peasants work for less money so corporations can save money on payroll. It doesn't matter anyway since every job on earth is being automated with computers or sent to China to be done for pennies an hour.

Hey at least then the illegal immigration (oops "undocumented worker") problem will disappear if nobody wants to come here anymore.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Qbe Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:02 pm

When comparing the US health system to countries that has universal healthcare, do remember they pay a boat load in taxes - something the average American isn't willing to do.
Qbe
Qbe
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah I know the Canadians and Europeans pay for the healthcare through their taxes.

I was hoping Obamacare would have some kind of plan that would lower the costs of buying insurance, but they don't even have the rates posted for my state. They have had four years to set this system up and it's starting in two weeks and they don't even have a way for me (average Joe Blow American) to compare if what they are offering is going to be any improvement over the mess we have to deal with in the private sector.

But at least they could make it beneficial for the average middle-class family, not just use it as a political tool to provide free health care for illegal immigrants. I guess this really has nothing to do with helping middle-class Americans it is about helping to make America more attractive for our Southern neighbors.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kernel265 Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:30 am

Let me help you with some of the information.

There are 4 states with public health care systems in effect that will see costs go down for the individual.
All other persons/families will see an INCREASE in the cost of their health care raise as much as $2500 per year.

There will be no FREE coverage for anyone and many of those who have no health insurance now will not receive coverage under the new program.

Businesses have begun to drop their own plans in lieu of the state run exchanges (which aren't set up yet) to try and save money while other businesses are dropping full time employees to part time to avoid penalties for not insuring workers.

Let me make this simple.
Universal health care has nothing to do with making your life better.
It's about one more aspect of your life the government has control over. 
Soon (and probably too late) you are going to come to realize that your health care is getting worse instead of better.
Our government, like most, is only concerned with money and power. They are not concerned about the welfare of you or me.
Soon, healthcare will be as screwed up as the public school system, the postal service, social security and so on.
And to be extra sure we are all getting screwed, they put the IRS in charge of the financial portion of the health care system.

Pray they defund this disaster before it's too late.
Kernel265
Kernel265

Back to top Go down

Post by manic1965 Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 am

maybe this why a few ppl i know including myself were dropped by our docs. to make matters worse we cant even get on a list to get a new doc. the docs here have decided they dont want new patients
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down