FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a Problem??

4 posters

Go down

Is there a Problem?? Empty Is there a Problem??

Post by Clyde Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Was wonder if there is some sort of problem with me on the server??? Yes I shoot a lot and get a lot of kills, but that does not mean I have something....I use the server config to my advantage......I want to set the record straight....I do not cheat...never have ...never will... I just don't want there to be any issues and thoughts ......I just want to get this out in the open and discuss if needed.
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Is there a Problem?? Empty Re: Is there a Problem??

Post by obituary Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:26 pm

A couple people have complained about you, honestly, but I have not yet seen anything convincing.

We do ban for aimbots and wallhacks, and anything that functions like a wallhack. If you are using anything like this, please turn it off immediately.

I don't like to speculate about hackers because people get very upset (for good reason).

We have banned our own members for exploiting cvars. We do not tolerate cheating anymore than any other clan. Cheating drives away lower-skilled players, and this kills our server. We care about our server.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks for the response, and I have nothing to turn off, as I said never have and never will....I do play on a high end computer and do tweak my config for the game plus I over clock my video cards...but that's not cheating and anyone can change the settings in you own config (I turn off a lot of the fluff) ....you just have to know what ones you want to change...I play with a more comp settings...and I play aggressive, hell I send anyone my config that wants it....it's these type of items out there many don't know about or how to use them.. I know how hard it' is to police for hackers, I did it myself for years... And this is not the first server that I have been accused of this on... But again I will state....I do not hack, and the server config you are running makes it look like a lot of people could have something.

I like playing on the server and all the peeps seem to be good people...while there are some maps I do not really care for with the config the server is running...over all I have a good time and enjoy myself. ... I started playing with the real old DOS version (anyone remember that on ?) and have played each and every version since....I am no spring chicken either...I am over 50 years old and have nothing to prove.....I get killed like everyone else (but I guess some think not)

Clyde
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Is there a Problem?? Empty Been Around

Post by Friedrich Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Clyde, It is my understanding that changing some stuff in the config can get you in trouble. Go ahead and send obituary a copy of yours if you want and and he can look to see if there is anything in it that might be a problem. Also, there is information on the web about what changes might be considered cheating at some servers.

I too have been around forever. What are your old player names or what old servers did you play? Maybe we played on same servers back in the day. I was a regular at the =PoW= Extreme server when it was on top, played on SS server before that. (Used to go to Whosegaming to see if I would get kicked also, their admins used to kick or ban you if you played too good) Played at BBA some too. LoL at one time I had over 130 days playing time rated on Splatterladder. That was back when we had large servers full of real people and friendy fire.

Tried to talk to you by PM the other night and you ignored me. Friedrich

Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I use to known as =PoW= PHI....and rest ashore my config is legit and sorry if you sent a PM and I did not response... I only have a couple of lines showing for a very short time on the screen, I was not ignoring you....just did not see it
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Is there a Problem?? Empty Thats All I Need

Post by Friedrich Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Good to have you here Phi. I was bummed when extreme and the forum went away.

Ok for all the people who think Clyde(=PoW=Phi) is hacking he is not. Phi ran the =PoW= Clan when it had the most kick ass servers anywhere. He hates cheaters and does not need to cheat because he is a great player.

If you are not jaded with ET admin stuff, we would invite any input you may have, Phi.
I wish more =Pow= clan that are still playing would come also. Friedrich

PS I know you remember that I used to always panzer before I learned to aim. Very Happy
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks Friedrich....I still Use the PHI name from time to time and some others ( I will not tell what they are) and I still see some of the old peeps from the server out there and play with them time to time... I remember you and others around here too. I like this server and I guess the big question to you and the clan is ...where do you want to go with it? ....Are you just looking for a killing machine type server (like it is) or are you looking to draw in peeps that want to play a good round of maps..... The one thing I hope you never do is run NQ on it, this game type I really hate. (and really why I stopped playing) People are looking for a server that has good maps...(like this one) and a rotation that is changed on a regular basis (which you guys seem too be doing).... I think this server can draw people in , Extreme was a good server for many years and I know many that miss it also. But you guys have a good thing going here and can be taken to the next level. Running a server is a lot of hard work and time...lots of time... But if you are interested in changing it to draw more people ...let me know...I will help you out if you guys like.... I can more then likely round up some other peeps too...
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Is there a Problem?? Empty Obituary is the Man

Post by Friedrich Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Obituary owns the servers and his main objective is to have fun servers that are different than the regular run of the mill servers. He likes Jaymod and Silent. It is his baby. You and him should talk.

Please tell any old players you see to come by and have some fun. I had not played for years and chose this server to start getting my skills back with the intention of finding and playing the best players still around, but stayed and became an admin because it is fun.

Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks for the details. I have told people who sent me videos of you that they were inconclusive. Some admins try hard to catch people, other admins don't do anything at all. So I don't want to embarrass the admins who actually try to catch hackers. That's why we require two admins to agree before someone gets banned, and we need a good video. Simple system really.

Since punkbuster is dead and there are a hundred ways to hack every graphics card out there, I don't worry about the cvar scans as much as I should on the Beginner server. 90% of the players just use the panzer anyway. It's all for fun. I do run a cvar scan on the Silent server though.

I'm not a big fan of No Quarter. I do like the venom though. I actually liked the older version of No Quarter where you could customize all the weapon settings in the .weap files.

I like FUNBOY (BEGINNER) just the way it is, I put a lot of work in the enhmod and qagame mods as well as the jaymod config stuff. If you have any map requests let me know. We had four servers a month ago but three of them were dead as a doornail so now we have two servers, and it is possible that the extra one of these will be shut down eventually too, if it does not get any traffic either. No point in paying for a dead server.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 pm

The biggest thing that I would like to fix is the score bug. If there are not enough players on FUNBOY (BEGINNER) the scores do not display properly at the end of the map.

I have spent many hours trying to isolate this error and have asked for help on other forums. No one knows why I get it or how to fix it.

Thanks
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:37 pm

People sent you videos?....Wow... I had no idea that one person sent a video in on me let alone more then one....Does it really look that way.... and really if you look at my accuracy its very low...and with an hack it would be lots higher then it is....I just click the button and run...LOL shoot anything that is around.. I do play very aggressive and to be honest there are many guys that play on the server that are predictable ....maybe that has something to do with it... Always go back to that one spot...which I remember...hehe plus the server config itself help out too... I have never seen the other server you have whats the IP ?

As for the scoring issue I would have to look thru all the server config, but It does sound like you have been searching so far and found nothing ....has to be in the mod cofig files I would think....

Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm

I play like you clyde i run in and shoot everything in my way and yes there are players that you can kill like 5 times straight in the same spot Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum