FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an Extremest?

3 posters

Go down

Are you an Extremest? Empty Are you an Extremest?

Post by Twisted Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Seen this in the news today. I have to wonder how many Americans have been flagged as Extremest. Pretty sure I have. Being that I have done exactly as they say well get you flagged. And I seriously considered switching to Tor. However our favorite Whistle Blower, ehh Traitor; [depending on your view of his actions.] Eddy Snowed Down reviled to us that the NSA had cracked Tor, and now can monitor it as easily as any other browser.
http://www.techspot.com/news/57316-nsa-classifies-linux-journal-readers-tor-and-tails-linux-users-as-extremists.html
 So if you care about your privacy. Then you may be flagged as a Extremest. And if so. That's all well and good till they label Extremest as Terrorist.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Are you an Extremest? Empty Re: Are you an Extremest?

Post by obituary Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Tor is pretty hard to spy on, since it distributes the encryption work amongst thousands of users. That article says that the are watching a central Tor relay server in Germany, but it does not say they have cracked Tor itself. 

Tor uses the thousands of users to distribute the encryption. The encoded data is divided and routed through all the other accounts. Also the encryption itself changes constantly. So it is incredibly hard to hack. It takes enormous computing power to crack a single Tor account.

Much easier to just scan everyone's Facebook accounts for illegal activity.

Imagine 1000s of encryption keys being routed through 1000s of IP addresses and you can see why Tor is the favorite of hackers and various criminals for hiding things. Which makes it an obvious target for the US government to spy on, if only it wasn't so good at encrypting the information.

Plus there are 100s of jihadi websites where these clowns openly boast about their activities in public. So just go there and start reading and using facial recognition software to find out who they are. Much easier than cracking a Tor account.

Much easier to just run a portscanner and find a hole in their server OS, and install some keystroke logger or remote access account to all the users, then going through the trouble of cracking a Tor account.

Or send in flesh-and-blood cops to kick in the door and search the physical hard drive with forensic tools.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by NeroQC Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Excellent Obit, your answer is want I think !!!
You could do my job Obituary  Laughing
NeroQC
NeroQC

http://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Here is a link to download Linux Tails if you want some privacy:

https://tails.boum.org/
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by NeroQC Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 am

This is what I use on two of my equipment !!
NeroQC
NeroQC

http://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:28 am

There was another news report where they spoke of Tor. You are probably right though. I just read about how they have hacked it somehow. Hacked a server could be it.
 The extreme part is that they flag anyone who uses any software that makes it hard or impossible for them to see what your doing. You are labeled an Extremest. I would say a privacy Extremest.
 They are assuming that if someone cares about their privacy, then the must be doing something they want to hide. They wanna know what that something is.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum