FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted mansion

4 posters

Go down

Haunted mansion Empty Haunted mansion

Post by OneOldMan Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Not trying to create any controversy over a map but just need a little opinion on the haunted map.  Someone jumped the window and planted behind the door.  He was about to be frozen by me but he died and the dyno was disarmed.  It was then noted that was to be considered a back plant.  Later after the door was blown, the said individual came through the window to get the objective but was killed.  It was noted by an admin that is considered rushing.  I disagreed since the door was blown.  Nothing big was made of it but a little clarity would be nice.  I can go either way with this.  Normal maps can tj into the window and get to it and with our settings can drop down into it also.  So what does everyone think?

I put this onto the open forum so everyone could read, put some input, and see what is decided.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Haunted mansion Empty Re: Haunted mansion

Post by manic1965 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:33 am

good ??..i dont consider this as a back plant because the bots can still get to it
manic1965
manic1965

Back to top Go down

Post by NeroQC Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 am

By me, (what I learned from you), as the bots can access it, that's okay! No?
NeroQC
NeroQC

http://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 pm

I think the point was that the individual came through the window to blow the door, and it was thought by another admin this was rushing and or backplanting.  I agree if the bots can get to it then all's fair.  I think going through the window was the question brought up.  The bots don't guard the obj. until the door is blown.  Or even going through the window at all.  I personally think it is alright to go through the window to get to the obj. but to grab it, plant the dyno then run back out the window is rushing.  All the bots are just wanting to get to the dyno not the obj.  Same maps are just a pain since there are so many opinions on what can or cannot be done and in what way.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by NeroQC Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:48 pm

From what I saw coming up now, the robots go through the window? Or jump and through the window?
No?
If what I say is true, then it should not be planted a dynamite outside the door (backplanting).
Sorry for my English !!
NeroQC
NeroQC

http://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastborg Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:20 pm

The rule of thumb I use is that when someone uses FBY's low gravity to plant dyno at an objective, that's illegal. Window jumping is equivalent to wall jumping.

It is difficult for the bots to reach dyno planted behind the bedroom door, especially if the engie who planted is still sitting there in a corner with a loaded M97.

Using a covey to let an engie inside the room in order to plant dyno is ok...some admins may just be confused and automatically assume someone window-jumped.

I think it is not ok to jump into the room through the window for any objective-related purpose. I understand that it is ok to jump out of the window once the objective has been stolen.
Beastborg
Beastborg

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

You're right.  As the rules say , one can not tj to gain the obj.  And yes it was a live human that did come through widow and plant.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum