FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sten gun campers.....

+3
Hashshashin
Koenios
Scuttlebutt555
7 posters

Go down

sten gun campers..... Empty sten gun campers.....

Post by Scuttlebutt555 Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:41 am

Man, with the increased sten gun power now you have covies in the prone position that just camp away. It gets quite boring when you cant even get out of your spawn. Now 2/3 of the players are covies, it used to be a team of engies, meds and feild ops to complete an objective (a team). Now it is all covert ops, no team work just spam spam spam. 
  just came here to blow a little steam off, just liked it better before .....thats all   Scutt

Scuttlebutt555

Back to top Go down

sten gun campers..... Empty Re: sten gun campers.....

Post by Koenios Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:26 am

Still better than the shotgun madness:lol:. Jokes aside though, most spawns offer one or more alternative ways out.I usually use those ways when the spawn is being camped.
Koenios
Koenios

Back to top Go down

sten gun campers..... Empty other ways out of spawn

Post by Hashshashin Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 am

I usually agree with you, it does get annoying.  The main time it's a problem though is when teams are stacked, either by number or a bunch of experienced guys against me and a bunch of noobs.  Then that's hard to play.

The best way if you just can't get out of spawn is to go to the map (L), and then choose a different spawn location (so long as there is one available).  Then you can just come up behind the campers and shoot them where they camp.

~ Hash
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahh Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 am

This topic opens the door to another significant question: Why is spawn killing allowed? "It takes no skill to spawn kill" as I have repeatedly stated during a game where spawn killing is occurring. 

Sitting in wait for the opposition to come through a doorway so that you can raise your personal body-count does not enhance "team-play" which is the unique part of ET's online gaming experience. Once a player becomes familiar with the maps and where both the Axis & Allies spawn, it becomes easy to spawn kill. Is it because some players are just looking at their personal statistics at the end of the game regardless whether their "team" wins?

Why can't we work more as a "team" to complete the objectives of the game, rather than play autonomously without regard to our teammates?
sarahh
sarahh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuttlebutt555 Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 am

Maps like Base race and the map with flag capture and castles on each end (not shure of map name) are frustrating.
  I agree, I used think the M97 was over powerd, a shotgun blast from the other side of the map and you are dead but the M97 seems to pale in comparison to the super sten gun.
  Oh covie covie the reason Im dead is you....  : )-

Scuttlebutt555

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm

its always been like this and its hard and annoying but there was the time when there used to be the superpanzer that was overpowered when it was like mg Very Happy but like everything you can always find a way to defet does who abuse.but i to see the issue when covie camp spawns
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 pm

When you see a map like Goldrush and there are 5 covies on each side and no engie then the map has just become a frag fest with nobody going for the obj. but the bots that are programmed too. The short re-spawn time has practically taken away the need for a medic.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:53 am

yes you can always increase respawn time or spawn protection time
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Increasing the spawn protection time would be good since then anyone wanting to camp has a better chance of getting smoked before the spawner. I've always wondered why some hide in the spawn and try to kill when there is a protection going on and ultimately get killed themselves.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenios Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:34 pm

OneOldMan wrote:Increasing the spawn protection time would be good since then anyone wanting to camp has a better chance of getting smoked before the spawner.  I've always wondered why some hide in the spawn and try to kill when there is a protection going on and ultimately get killed themselves
I am one of the people who does this, and it is mainly because I am just too impatient.
Koenios
Koenios

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 pm

This is a trade-off. I recognized that the shotguns were too powerful, and when everyone uses them the server lags a bit. I don't wnat to nerf the shotguns, so cranking up another weapon is a better alternative.

Also there was too much rushing. One pro player with the shotgun can reach the objective very quickly as no one can stop them.

These faster stens reduce the players' dependency on the shotguns, and the long-range camping reduces the rushing somewhat.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 pm

yes you can actually just outplay the other team or just go for the obj in a nice group and take it.You can win even 1v5 but you just need to have some brains and not only ammo Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum