FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid question (switching to new PC)

4 posters

Go down

Stupid question (switching to new PC) Empty Stupid question (switching to new PC)

Post by CowboyUp Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

OK, I admit it, I'm a decent computer user, but I get lost in the details sometimes. I'm definitely not on the level of a lot of people here.

So here's my problem...

I just got a new PC. Downloaded ET, and get a message that I can't run Funboy on it because it's an older version. I also copied all of my old ET files from the old PC. Still doesn't work.

What I need:
1. A link to a site where I can download the newest files to run Funboy,
2. A description of my ETkey file so that I can keep my XP points.

HELP?
CowboyUp
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Stupid question (switching to new PC) Empty Re: Stupid question (switching to new PC)

Post by obituary Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Not a stupid question really.

Did you install the 2.6 patch?

If not, you can get it here:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/ET_Patch_Windows;39483

Also if you are running Windows 7 now, you may need to run it as an administrator.

Your etkey is in the etmain folder. This holds your admin and usually (but not always) your XP.

Best thing to do actually is just copy your complete "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" folder (from C:\Program Files) to a flash drive, and then copy it onto the new computer. That way you have everything all the same.

If you do not have a flash drive you could copy it directly off the hard drive if you are brave and want to move the hard drive to the new computer. You could also sign up for free cloud storage. Just google "skydrive" or "ubuntu one" if you are interested in free cloud storage. You can then upload the whole Wolf ET folder to the cloud and download it onto the new computer. Cloud storage can be kind of slow though.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Stupid question (switching to new PC) Empty Re: Stupid question (switching to new PC)

Post by Friedrich Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey guy.

The etkey file is located in the ET Main folder.

Just got to MY Computer or its equivalent(I am on XP) choose c: drive, Program files,Wolfenstein ET, ETmain folder, etkey file.

Drag it to your desktop, copy to disk, install on new computer by dropping it in et main folder. If you have a home network you may not have to copy to disk.

Planet wolfeinstein has mirror sites for all the file for ET. Friedrich
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboyUp Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Got it! And my etkey managed to keep my XP!

I also had a Punkbuster problem, which I managed to fix.

I'm back on with a computer that isn't going to freeze every 10 minutes. I hate two year old computers!
CowboyUp
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 am

Lol then i really badly need a new computer i think my one is around 10 years or even older Very Happy
But when i get a new one then i will just copy my E.T folder just like i did with my 2 friends they did not get e.t correctly running but now is all good Smile
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum