FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUNBOY (BEGINNER) is back

5 posters

Go down

FUNBOY (BEGINNER) is back Empty FUNBOY (BEGINNER) is back

Post by obituary Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

We have a new jaymod server running. It is almost an exact copy of the old one. I slowed the venom and the mortars down a bit so maybe people will use other weapons once in a while. Also I reduced the number of molotovs from 999 to 10 so people will not block the map for twenty minutes throwing molotovs in a choke point. (A couple pet peeves I have been thinking about fixing for a while).

Also the XP does not appear to be reading properly even though all the admin levels are being assigned to the admins by their stored user ids. So we may need to work on the user.db to remove some old users so it will be small enough to work. When they get over 10,000 users they can have problems on linux. The old server was running Windows server 2003.

Also this server is running on both ET 2.55 and ET 2.60 so we should be visible and accessible to both sets of players. This means we will get more new players wandering in from the 2.55 user base.

Also so far there is no score bug! The scores show up at the end of the map even with one player and 15 omnibots. This has been a problem for a long time on the old server.

I have claimed it on gametracker and it is now linked into the forum now just like the old one.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

FUNBOY (BEGINNER) is back Empty Re: FUNBOY (BEGINNER) is back

Post by obituary Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 am

Looks like the xp is fine. Everyone has their xp from the old server (except me lol).

Also our dear old friend, the annoying jaymod score bug, has reappeared as well.

Server seems fine so far. I am running with 16 omnibots. It seems to run better with more humans and less bots. I noticed it was a bit laggy with just me on, and as more humans joined, the lag went away.

Omnibots put pressure on a server's CPU, and human players put pressure on a server's network. So we have a better network than the CPU. Which is better than the old server, which became unplayable if you had more than 12 human players.

The old server got worse as more players showed on, which limited our ability to get more players. We should be able to retain more players now.

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 am

obituary wrote:Looks like the xp is fine. Everyone has their xp from the old server (except me lol).

Also our dear old friend, the annoying jaymod score bug, has reappeared as well.

Server seems fine so far. I am running with 16 omnibots. It seems to run better with more humans and less bots. I noticed it was a bit laggy with just me on, and as more humans joined, the lag went away.

Omnibots put pressure on a server's CPU, and human players put pressure on a server's network. So we have a better network than the CPU. Which is better than the old server, which became unplayable if you had more than 12 human players.

The old server got worse as more players showed on, which limited our ability to get more players. We should be able to retain more players now.

Looks good. I had the same issue with molotovs on jaymod yrs ago, if you give someone something, iy will be abused, without fail.
Ive found that between 16 and 20 bots is cool depending on the map of course. Its fairly easy to change the maxbots per map.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 am

Great but where do I find the IP for the server now?
MissPriss
MissPriss

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:32 am

It's there on the Game tracker panel up on the left.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:26 am

Kool but I dont wish to install game tracker!
MissPriss
MissPriss

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 am

Scroll to the top of this page. Look to your left. See where it says Gametracker. Below is Funboy Beginner IP 108.61.18.107:27960.

See it now? Hope to see you on the server. Friedrich
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down