FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminder about moving players

3 posters

Go down

Reminder about moving players Empty Reminder about moving players

Post by obituary Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:15 pm

If you are an admin, or a player with any admin level other than 0, remember that on our servers we do not worry about teams. The only time you should be moving people around is if they are away from the keyboard for a few minutes and are just standing in spawn doing nothing. Or if they have rushed the map and have the objective and you want to make them not finish the map.

A lot of clans worry about balancing teams and spend a great deal of effort trying to keep the teams balanced. This is a total waste of time usually, and makes the admins look mean. As someone who used to be required to keep the teams balanced years ago, I have given this a lot of thought and decided that it is better to leave the teams open and let players self-sort themselves into teams. Really good players will often choose the emptier team so they can hunt humans instead of omnibots. Mediocre players will often team up so they can stack against the omnibots. Both are fine.

The angry admin who is yelling at players about teams all day is far more annoying to me than the stacked team he is trying to fix. Players enter and leave the server all day long so the server will never be "even" for more than a few minutes anyway.

We've had some complaints about admins moving players from team to team, so please don't do it unless they are afk or rushing the map.

Thanks
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Reminder about moving players Empty Re: Reminder about moving players

Post by Friedrich Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Just to add to Obituarys post, NEVER place a player in spec if they are not afk.

The only exception to this that I can think of is if they have jumped wall for objective.

In this instance it is ok to make them drop the objective to prevent the map being rushed.

A warning should also be given so the player knows why they are placed in spec.

If admins are caught abusing players by switching their team or putting the player in spec for no good reason, the admin will most likey be set to 0 and lose commands.

Whether this is permanant will be decided by the other admins.
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:25 pm

i usually just splt obj rushers and if a person is standing in the spawn for over 5 min or so i move him to speak but i never move them from team to team
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am

Everyone should post here if at any given moment you were moved by force to an opposing team including me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 pm

if you can use the command !splat , you can use that to make a user drop the obj... they usually get more annoyed to be splatted than moved to spec anyway, they complain live on chat!... Smile

old people tend to forget the rules sometimes.... even more when their name contain their status... rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Nah I wouldnt do that I was refering to when an admin wants people on the opposing side cause they find it convenient for him to play with certain people and if any one decides to switch to that team they get !put back to the opposing side sadly. Why me im a good old guy.......... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

yeah, we can do that, why not...

usually, Bea and me are opposite, so we balance the game and try to kill each others instead of do the map on our own...

when everybody is against a [FBY], that's fun for a time, but like at Minas, if after 48 minutes nothing is done and i arrive, i go to Axis and help to go farther than the first gate...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Hehe I never mentioned who wow glad someone spilled the beans cause according to rules its not allowed..... Oh wait are the rules too old?

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Don't let me catch anyone doing it or I will set your level to 0 and rename you 'exadminasshatbreakingtherules'.affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 am

Its ok friedrich I think he did it to test my skills and found out he underestimated me. I figured out since he predicted how good he is with that map that it would be a breeze for him. Good thing that it all backfired. Just for the record Im not here to brag I have demonstrated it. Overall were getting along and at the end of the day we kiss and makeup....... jocolor jocolor jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down