FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Mouse

+3
Noname(Est)
obituary
Twisted
7 posters

Go down

The Best Mouse Empty The Best Mouse

Post by Twisted Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:19 pm

I was wondering what kind of mouse you guys use? DPI's wireless or not.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

The Best Mouse Empty Re: The Best Mouse

Post by obituary Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm

RedRum wrote:I was wondering what kind of mouse you guys use? DPI's wireless or not.

I use a $25 Logitech optical mouse from Best Buy. Works fine. ET does not really benefit from a fancy mouse, anything more than 400 dpi is wasted if you are playing just ET.

I prefer the wired mice myself because I hate buying new batteries all the time. Some people prefer wireless since the wires get in the way sometimes when you move the mouse a lot. It depends on your sensitivity. If you use really low sensitivity then you will move your hand a lot more and may want to go wireless. I use a high sensitivity (12.00) so I can make large turns with a small hand movement, so the wire does not get in the way and is not a factor.

Get a mouse that fits your hand, so you don't even notice it's there. Some mice let you add weights so they feel different. Also the texture of your mousepad is important too. You can get a Rocketfish mouse pad that will let your mouse move faster with less friction. Some people like mousepad friction, so you should try out different mousepads and see how they feel.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 am

The best gaming mouses are made by razer but they go up too 100$ and are dual function wireless and wired but if you buy a razer then its only a good idea when you play also ohter fps or games that need a fast mouse because the razer goes over 6000dpi here you can find everything about them http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.35208800
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

The Best Mouse Empty Best Mouse

Post by Clyde Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 am

I use a Razor diamond back, you can adjust the DPI on both of the axis ....you can also adjust the DPI to 2000, which is way to much ....I barley have to move my mouse when I play and I think my DPI is set around 500....the polling rate in windows is a bit slow too 125hz,=8ms....this is the rate that you mouse sends the info to your computer...and if you can get the info there faster...well

By default, the USB polling rate is set at 125hz. The table below represents combinations of Hz values and their corresponding delay time:
Hz ms
1000 1
500 2.....Clyde's polling rate
250 4
125 8....typical windows polling rate
100 10

If the polling rate is set at 125 Hz, the mouse cursor can only be updated every 8 milliseconds. In situations where lag is critical (for example games), it is useful to decrease this value to as little as possible. Increasing the polling interval will improve precision at the tradeoff of using more CPU resources, therefore care should be taken when adjusting this value.

you can Google this and find all the info you would need to change it...I have been doing this for years with every computer I have had....None are store bought though.....I also do not use a wireless mouse...tried them and always seem to forget to charge them and then they die at the worst moment ........always wired for me...also my sensitivity for my mouse in ET is 1.7

Last edited by Clyde on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note)
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 am

I use a Logitech M510 lazer mouse. It is way better than the old Microsoft optical mouse I used to use. There is no lag that I can detect even though it is wireless.

A good mouse can improve your accuracy and gameplay but you do not need to get a 100 dollar gaming mouse to play ET well. This mouse is big enough to fit my hand and is the minimum that I would consider very good for gaming. Friedrich Cool
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Yep its true i had a razer diamond back a great mouse but then my little sister broke it when she was playing c.s lol! now i use really cheap unknow chinese or i dont rally now what mouse but it works for me:)
And i have also a pretty small sen in every fps what i play
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

I bought a USB logitech wired mouse. About $15 at Staples. Don't know the dpi's . But it helped my accuracy a lot. So thats a good thing. And I'm happy with it. Wish I had more buttons tho.
Twisted
Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHK Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 am

Especially for ET: https://funboy.forumotion.com/t188-aiming-tutorial-for-wet-by-bosshk bounce

So basically for kinda fast paced ET you need a mouse that can handle your mouse movements(ofc depends on your sensitivity) and just use a mouse that fits to your hand.

BossHK

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 pm

i have a 400 or 600 dpi mouse and it works great for me lol Very Happy
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:42 pm

I use and recommend Microsoft mice on Linux, OS X, and Windows. Great feel, weight, control and compatibility.

I'm not a big fan of Microsoft, but they make/outsource good mice. These are the only Microsoft products I like.

I've been using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 with Windows 7 and Ubuntu, and it works great. About $15.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035ERKYW
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Friedrich Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm

I got rid of a microsoft optical mouse when I got my logitech.  The Logitech is way better. 

After using a Logitech M510 you would throw the microsoft mouse in the trash if it is the same one I had.

The down side is that the M510 is twice the price of the Microsoft mouse even if you catch one on sale.  In this case you do get what you pay for, however.

Last edited by Friedrich on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : content)
Friedrich
Friedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down