FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Map trouble

4 posters

Go down

Santa Map trouble Empty Santa Map trouble

Post by Clyde Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Getting kicked all the time when this map comes around...Hunkmegs issue...yet my hunkmegs are set to 512, not the standard 56 the game has set...Their is another Christmas ...Just can not remember the name of it though
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Santa Map trouble Empty Re: Santa Map trouble

Post by obituary Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 am

Yeah I was just on the server, checking in before I go to work. And Northpole came up and the server started loading it, then it just skipped it and went to the next map. Didn't see any other admins on so I don't think it was !nextmap unless someone was hiding under a white tag name.

Server is lagging bad today too, it was fine yesterday. Only has 21 hours of uptime so I don't know wtf the problem is. Might be at the machine level but that would not explain the map issue.

I have to go work right now, so I hope it doesn't lag and switch maps randomly all day.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 pm

theres santas grotto, but that is bad for lag as well.
and uje_christmas tank.

booger

Back to top Go down

Santa Map trouble Empty Please Remove

Post by Clyde Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 am

Please remove the North Pole map...Hunkmegs always kick me and even if I delete the map and download it again....its the same thing
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:52 am

have you tried /com_hunkmegs while you are in the game to verify that it is what you set it at?

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname(Est) Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:01 pm

For me the north pole map is working fine
Noname(Est)
Noname(Est)

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Clyde can you give more details on what is causing this issue?

The server has been lagging again lately, on all maps. Normal day lol. I could drop all the add-on content and run stock maps, sure, but then people get bored and leave anyway, so whatever, they can lag and have everything.

Northpole is an old map and doesn't require an unusual amount of RAM or server resources.

I'm not sure that you are benefitting from com_hunkmegs 512. You don't need that much memory for ET. That may be a problem. Maybe you are crashing your own computer. What are your system specs? Are you running Vista or on an older system? Maybe try lowering it to 192 or 128.

As far as Christmas-themed maps are concerned, Northpole is a much better choice than Fueldump Christmas or Baserace Christmas. I will get rid of the Christmas stuff after the holidays of course.

However if it is kicking many players then that is a big problem (relatively lol).

obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I have had my hunkmegs at 128 156, 156,512....none work...I have deleted the map 6 times and still no luck....
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Clyde wrote:I have had my hunkmegs at 128 156, 156,512....none work...I have deleted the map 6 times and still no luck....

Hmm, okay Ill ask this again---
have you tried /com_hunkmegs while you are in the game to verify that it is what you set it at?
Barring that, you might try clreaning out etmain.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am

its set at 156 right now ...and it was 56, 128, 256, and 512 before.... I have seen it set at each setting and again...no luck ....
Clyde
Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 am

OK Clyde, I removed northpole from the map cycle.

Clyde please tell us what your specs are. What OS/memory/network speed. You might be using some popular combination of OS/network settings. I often see people leave between maps and you never know if they got disconnected or left of their own accord. I know Vista and Win7 do weird things to ET.

I am aware that players are leaving due to the lag. It's been looking dead (<6 players) all this past week. I removed the santa_hats.pk3, and in enhmod I took out the satchel charges for everyone, and the sten/venom for everyone. Less stuff = less lag.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by booger Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Clyde wrote:its set at 156 right now ...and it was 56, 128, 256, and 512 before.... I have seen it set at each setting and again...no luck ....
Ok I guess Im not going to get an answer on that. It isnt a map issue, something , most likely a setting or a stray pk3 in etmain would be your best bet.

booger

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:32 pm

OK, I reduced the number of maps from 22 to 16 so that should help too.

Next time I restart the server I will take out enhmod again... (I hate to do it and I know half the players will get mad - especially if they are the ones not having any problems).

If that don't help the we'll just run stock maps with maybe baserace and minas added on. That way people don't have to download so much stuff, and they won't get pk3 errors if they don't have to download them.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by obituary Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

OK... I took out enhanced mod completely. No more extra weapons for less lag. You get whatever you choose, like normal regular old ET. It's back to the way it was when we under constant ddos attack.

And I took out the ~~funboyjaymod4.pk3 (this adds the venom skin, the MG-42 skin, the RTCW font, and our custom voice chats). This should remove some lag and lower the number of files people have to download.

I still have the modified qagame in there, so the weapons still all have 999 ammo and are insanely fast. So it is still very fun.

A couple hours ago we had 15 players on at the same time, so people like it and aren't getting lagged out or kicked as much. Sorry for changing the weapons around.
obituary
obituary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down