FUNBOY ET FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rushing Maps Section

5 posters

Go down

Rushing Maps Section Empty Rushing Maps Section

Post by Selene Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 pm

This section is dedicated to questions regarding individual maps that are run on our servers. Every map should get a separate thread.

These are general rules against rushing that apply to every map:

1) Players are not allowed to grab final objective/finish the map within the first 5 minutes of the map.
2) Players are not allowed to skip objective while attacking. All objectives must be completed in designed order.
3) Players are not allowed to jump over a wall/gate that needs to be destroyed in order to complete the next objective, unless there is another passage to that objective.
4) If you are completing objectives, do not do anything that would not be possible on normal settings (aka. no low gravity).
5) Players ARE allowed to jump wherever they want to get kills. When they do, however, they cannot continue doing objectives
6) It is not allowed to wait near the next objective and plant/take it as soon as the previous objective is completed. Such action makes it impossible for the other team to defend the next objective

Regulars who rush will be kicked by admins and then banned by me after I find out about the incident, on first offence. First time players should be instructed not to rush, however there will not be more than one warning. We have several banners and commands that state what rushing is, and that it will end with permanent ban. Rushing will no longer be tolerated on our servers.

Thank you.

Last edited by Selene on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Rushing Maps Section Empty Re: Rushing Maps Section

Post by Selene Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:20 pm

I posted "FAQ" for two maps so far:
mml_minastirirth_fp3: https://funboy.forumotion.com/t2485-mml_minastirith_fp3
northpole: https://funboy.forumotion.com/t2486-northpole
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post by Yazoo Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:22 am

Here's a general policy question on maps with repairable barriers, and I'll use Haunted Mansion as the example:

The primary door by the stair needs to be blown first, even though the room with the gold is accessible by two other means (back window, and door to adjacent room which can be opened by Covert Ops with a uni). Once the main door is blown, do the other two entrances become fair game for the remainder of the map regardless if the main is repaired or open?
Yazoo
Yazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboyUp Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:30 am

Here are some other Haunted Mansion thoughts.

1.  What about the crypt wall?  Can you blow it before Axis spawn is captured?  I say no, the spawn needs to be captured at least once before someone goes in to blow the crypt wall.  There can be fighting for the spawn, but you've got to grab it at least once before sneaking by.

2.  Can an engineer sneak through the Axis spawn without taking it, then run to the back and blow the door on the gold room?  I also say no to this too.  Allies have got to get and hold (usually by blowing the crypt wall) the spawn before anyone goes for the objective.

I base this on the behavior of bots.  Yes, bots can get through and do these things, but they seldom (if ever) do.  They will run to blow the crypt wall while everyone else is fighting for the spawn, but they won't run through to the end and blow the gold room door.  I'm sure it's possible, but I've never seen it done.  If it does happen, it's rare.
CowboyUp
CowboyUp

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Agreed. Twisted Evil

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashshashin Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:17 pm

CowboyUp wrote:Here are some other Haunted Mansion thoughts.

1.  What about the crypt wall?  Can you blow it before Axis spawn is captured?  I say no, the spawn needs to be captured at least once before someone goes in to blow the crypt wall.  There can be fighting for the spawn, but you've got to grab it at least once before sneaking by.

2.  Can an engineer sneak through the Axis spawn without taking it, then run to the back and blow the door on the gold room?  I also say no to this too.  Allies have got to get and hold (usually by blowing the crypt wall) the spawn before anyone goes for the objective.

I think you're missing something else ... can the crypt wall be blown BEFORE the altar has been blown?  And can the altar be blown BEFORE the gate is blown at least once?  These are listed as objectives in order, aren't they?  Not sure about the gate, for sure the altar.
Hashshashin
Hashshashin

Back to top Go down

Post by OneOldMan Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:18 pm

I don't think the alter really needs to be blown since there are two other ways to gain entrance in to the spawn.  Nor the gate for that matter.  Usually the bots are busy with that anyways.

OneOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down